Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Some people are just jerks!!

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 31 Replies
I run down a busy 4 lane road for most of my runs so I'm use to honking, hollering, things of that nature...but never have I experienced anything like I did tonight! Some jerk driving by threw a metal butter knife at me! It hit my upper back, just inches from my head. I was so pissed that it threw off the last 2.5 miles of my 4 mile run. Ugh! What kind of person do you have to be to do something like that???
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet_pea_1116
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I would have gotten the plate number or car description and called the cops that assault.
I'm glad you were seriously injured.
jakesmom323
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM
That is really awful:( If it makes you feel better, my husband stopped at a stop sign and this old woman on a bicycle literally cussed us up and down. F u..blabla...f u....over and over....I was so shocked it became fascinating. ...lol. we stopped so I had no idea what was happening. Great day to drive to CHURCH kids...we learned a new word today...
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:58 PM
It all happened so fast, and before I realized what they threw they were way down the road. I just know it was a white truck. I wish I were able to get the plate number, I definitely would've reported it.

Quoting sweet_pea_1116:

I would have gotten the plate number or car description and called the cops that assault.

I'm glad you were seriously injured.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Yea be careful where you run... There is this trail I run when I am back home visiting my family... That has part of it wrapping a lake that runs next to a side street. Some asshole threw a glass bottle from a car thinking it was funny... at these two girls and broke one girls nose!!! It's so scary what people do without remorse or thought. 

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I'm glad your were not injured. What is wrong with people? :(
I'm really, really careful about where I walk/run. I almost never go alone.
JenniferW67
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Really? Why???? What a creep.

I'm glad you're alright.

Solo_Fan
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:43 AM

OMG that is just rude!!!  I just don't understand some people!!

funmommy123
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Smh, people are just assholes! Sorry, that happened to you.
twnkedee
by Tia on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Wow Jess, I am glad you're ok!! That was totally uncalled for!! Be careful out there!!

cc5112
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Are you kidding me?!!  That's beyond being a jerk - it's just sociopathic! I'm glad you are ok, but I seriously would consider changing your running route. Be very careful.  Some people.... Unbelievable...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)