Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some people are just jerks!!

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 31 Replies
I run down a busy 4 lane road for most of my runs so I'm use to honking, hollering, things of that nature...but never have I experienced anything like I did tonight! Some jerk driving by threw a metal butter knife at me! It hit my upper back, just inches from my head. I was so pissed that it threw off the last 2.5 miles of my 4 mile run. Ugh! What kind of person do you have to be to do something like that???
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet_pea_1116
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I would have gotten the plate number or car description and called the cops that assault.
I'm glad you were seriously injured.
jakesmom323
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM
That is really awful:( If it makes you feel better, my husband stopped at a stop sign and this old woman on a bicycle literally cussed us up and down. F u..blabla...f u....over and over....I was so shocked it became fascinating. ...lol. we stopped so I had no idea what was happening. Great day to drive to CHURCH kids...we learned a new word today...
MamaJessx3
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:58 PM
It all happened so fast, and before I realized what they threw they were way down the road. I just know it was a white truck. I wish I were able to get the plate number, I definitely would've reported it.

Quoting sweet_pea_1116:

I would have gotten the plate number or car description and called the cops that assault.

I'm glad you were seriously injured.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Yea be careful where you run... There is this trail I run when I am back home visiting my family... That has part of it wrapping a lake that runs next to a side street. Some asshole threw a glass bottle from a car thinking it was funny... at these two girls and broke one girls nose!!! It's so scary what people do without remorse or thought. 

tiredmomfor2
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I'm glad your were not injured. What is wrong with people? :(
I'm really, really careful about where I walk/run. I almost never go alone.
JenniferW67
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Really? Why???? What a creep.

I'm glad you're alright.

Solo_Fan
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:43 AM

OMG that is just rude!!!  I just don't understand some people!!

funmommy123
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Smh, people are just assholes! Sorry, that happened to you.
twnkedee
by Tia on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Wow Jess, I am glad you're ok!! That was totally uncalled for!! Be careful out there!!

cc5112
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Are you kidding me?!!  That's beyond being a jerk - it's just sociopathic! I'm glad you are ok, but I seriously would consider changing your running route. Be very careful.  Some people.... Unbelievable...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN