Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My little experiment...

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:07 AM
  • 8 Replies
3 moms liked this
So I hit my goal weight in July 2012. It took me 6 months to lose 50 lbs...eating healthy, counting calories, exercising. Then it really got hard to maintain. I struggled on and off with my eating. My workouts stayed awesome though so that's good :)
Anyway, after all the struggling, I decided to not think about calories for a while...knowing I'd gain some weight back...but I wanted to see what would happen if I just exercised but didn't worry too much about calories. Ok so it's been about 2ish months...I gained about 14 lbs right away but have been holding steady now for about a month!! I'm actually ok with this! I don't look as small but I'm still ok...technically I'm back in the "overweight" zone according to my BMI but whatever. I'm a size 10ish pants, large sweatpants (roomier than medium) and medium shirt. I'm happy :)
And my workouts are kickass!!! Running, lifting...my faves!!! I've done 2 halfs...training for another next month. Just ran a relay race too. I'm so happy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!!!! As long as you feel happy... I realized the same thing about hitti my goal weight... I just want to feel comfortable in my skin as clothes... The number isn't such a big deal anymore.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Sounds like you and your body have found your comfortable 'forever' size. Great job!
choco_mom
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

That is how its suppose to be...good for you! 

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momlovestorun
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Awesome!
v2011
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I'm glad you aren't stressing over calories anymore, I never calorie count. All that adding up drives me nuts! I think the biggest thing is to be happy with you and you feel good.

I'm super happy for you. 

twnkedee
by Tia on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Sounds like you've found your "happy" place! Good for you!! I hope to get there too one day !

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Awesome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN