Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

If you had to choose one...

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 16 Replies

We are having to make some cuts to our budget and tighten our proverbial belts right now. We have a family gym membership that because it is for a family is really competitive. We also mostly eat clean and buy a lot of range free and organic things. With organic comes a price tag. The difference in organic food vs regular food is about the same amount as our gym membership.

I am still in the weight loss phase and will be for a while. I really like organic, but the gym is really great too. The whole family can go and I enjoy the classes. 

I have to give up one but Im not sure which one.  Y'all always have the best advice so I thought I would ask opinions here.

What would you do? Which would you keep as the one splurge and which would you cut out?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I would keep the gym membership personally. I take classes there that I just can't to by myself at home.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I would stick with the food... Diet is key to weight loss... And there are awesome free choices for working out and exercising. Or maybe a cheaper gym?

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I personally would keep the gym membership. I would be looking into farmers markets and other local food sources. I would also check out the "dirty dozen" vs the "clean 15" for ideas on foods that aren't as bad if they're not organic. I'm as frugal as they come though. I buy a mix of organic and non organic produce, local meat (venison from my hubby's hunting, fish from the lake, and beef from our neighbors stock).
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I'd keep food (it's soooo important to keep the garbage out of our bodies) and look for an alternative to the gym.

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I'd keep the food. There are plenty of other things you and your family can do without the gym!

choco_mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Food...lots of other ways to work out. 

housewifehell
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I would keep the organic food and skip the gym there are so many things you can do free you dont need a gym but if you change your food and stop eating as well your weight loss will probably stop.
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I would keep the food. I haven't stepped foot in a gym the entire time during my weight loss journey.
Oh wait I take that back, I took my Daughter to the YMCA for gymnastics. I didn't use their equipment though.
Hollybriann
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Do you have a contract? Would it cost to early terminate the contract?
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I'd keep the gym membership if it were me...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)