Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

need motivation :(

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
I've had a scary week just this past weekend my son and I had to spend 3 days in the hospital because he was having seizures before that I was doing great with my work out I was doing a squat challenge and a crunch challenge and walking at least 45 min almost everyday I had already lost 7 lbs in a week and a half but this past week I just can't find it in me to do my work out anymore I'm still emotionally exhausted and I just physically don't feel up to it which I don't understand because I was working out even tho I had the flu it honestly made me feel somewhat better afterwards but now if I think about starting it over i just wanna crawl in bed and hide under the covers I don't have the motivation I don't even have the will to make myself feel healthier and lose weighty any help moms?
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:01 AM

What you went through was emotionally draining and so maybe you are just not ready at the moment to jump back into exercising. Take off as long as you need to ensure that your son is healthy and then jump right back into it. Good luck!

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Having a child be sick is physically and emotionally exhausting. Be kind to yourself for a few days. Eat as healthy as you can...and pick it up again when you have had time to rest.
Being a Mom is a juggling act. You have a lot of balls in the air. When things go crazy the least important balls get dropped. Weight lossloss is one of those least important items. Pick it back up again when you feel ready.
((Hugs)) hope your son is doing better.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I agree with the other ladies....you need time for your emotions and body to recover.  It's okay to take a break; just keep eating healthy and maybe try to get a walk in every day that you can. 

FitGamerGirl
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Give yourself a couple of days. Rest = diet = exercise. They are all important. Stress won't help you either. 

saraewhite
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I owuld say take  abreak from the workouts but really watch what youeat until you feel up to workingout again.

angela29marie
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Thank you all I've been trying to eat healthy but all I want are my comfort foods
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I've been fighting with food these past days...I have been a little deppressed since having my son and during the day I do great but at night I've been getting overwelmed and pigging out. I think sometimes loosing weight adds more stress so it's ok to take a mental health break.

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)