Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Clean Eaters, got a question

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is something I want to start doing next month. My problem is, I'm a sugar addict, and any time I have cut out sugar in the past, I felt like crap for weeks. Tired, crabby, headaches...you name it, I had it, and I was completely miserable.

I REALLY don't want to put myself through all that again, so my question is, what do you do when you want something sweet? Do you have any advice for someone just starting out? I realize that this is a major change that's going to be shock to my system, but I don't want it to shut down completely!

Also, I know organic is best, but it's expensive, so we probably won't be buying EVERYTHING organic.

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:45 AM
2 moms liked this

I use locally made honey or maple syrup.

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Well, that's good news, I have both of those! I brought some raw honey a month or so ago and have just been using it in my tea, I stopped using regular pancake syrup ages ago- I tried some the other day when I made pancakes for dinner and ugh, it was so gross!

Another question: where do you get your recipes from? I know Pinterest is one place, I've stockpiled a decent amount of recipes from there.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Well, that's good news, I have both of those! I brought some raw honey a month or so ago and have just been using it in my tea, I stopped using regular pancake syrup ages ago- I tried some the other day when I made pancakes for dinner and ugh, it was so gross!

Another question: where do you get your recipes from? I know Pinterest is one place, I've stockpiled a decent amount of recipes from there.

fastpaleo.com 

chowstalker.com

civilizedcavemancooking.com

....and I do a lot of Google searches.

Rhonda

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting michiganmom116:

fastpaleo.com 

chowstalker.com

Thank you, those should help a lot.

Where do you shop for you organics? I know a lot of people go to the farmer's markets for locally grown foods.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting michiganmom116:

fastpaleo.com 

chowstalker.com

Thank you, those should help a lot.

Where do you shop for you organics? I know a lot of people go to the farmer's markets for locally grown foods.

Well, we live in an area that has Amish farmers that sell produce.  There is also a CSA farm a mile from me that grows chemical-free produce.  I have my own garden during summer months.  I buy grass-fed beef and pork from local farmers, and we raise our own chickens.

Rhonda

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
My Ice cream replacement (treat I have every night) is a frozen banana smashed up with peanut butter! Yummy! Also plain green yogurt with watermelon and grapes cures my sweet tooth every time.
simplysarahd
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Vanilla Greek Yogurt and berries, is my go-to when I have a late night sugar craving. It's not totally "clean", but it sure is better than a candy bar or a typical dessert.

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Great suggestions ladies, I'm definitely making notes!

3kidz123
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

What about fruit? I go for a nice sweet red apple when craving sugar. I LOVE sugar and just started a "mostly" raw diet so apples are my best friend. lol

cjhallmom
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Have you tried Shakeology?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)