Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Haven't even started...

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 18 Replies
I haven't even started my weightloss journey and I already feel soo discouraged!!! I am sick of the way I am, the way I look and being so lazy. But the more I think about it, the more I feel like I won't even lose weight. I don't know where to start or what to so. I am tired of being fat...I am at my fatest ever! It is so embarassing. :'(
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALIC09
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM
3 moms liked this

First, you have to get your mind on a positive track. You can't start something when you have already decided to fail at it.  Use the fact that you're sick of how you look as motivation and do something!  Make small changes at a time.  You'll be even more discouraged if you try to do too much at one time.  Start by going on walks with your girls after having a healthy dinner.  You can also utilize tools like myfitnesspal.com to help track food intake and exercises.  You've got this girl!  

mstricey
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM
3 moms liked this
Start with baby steps. If you drink 5 cans of pop a day slowly decrease. Next week drink 3 and replace the other 2 with water and keep going. When you take your kids to the park instead of sitting and watching go play with them. I get my big 280 pound self up on the playscape, swings, slides. Chase them around. I know you said you can't walk on your street but what else do you like? You can turn on some music and dance around starting at 10 minutes a day. Instead of cutting out the foods you like just try to increase the amounts of fruits you eat (I remember you saying you dont like veggies). Do you have a blender? If so try a fresh fruit smoothie and add baby spinach. I promise the spinach is tasteless. I have a few smoothies recipes if you are interested.
mstricey
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
You can do this!
mstricey
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
You will lose weight. You'll lose 2 pounds and gain back one. Some weeks the scale won't move at all but the important thing is to keep going!
FitGamerGirl
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Don't give up on yourself! Make a list of the reasons you should get healthier. Focus on the things you would be able to do that are difficult to do now. That is what helped me. 

And don't become overwhelmed by your goals. Maybe just set a goal to lose 5lbs. And when you reach it, set another goal to lose 10lbs.

Hang in there! You have support here. Message me anytime if you need someone to vent on. :)  

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh honey... you are just about at that "rock bottom" place that the majority of us have to get to before we really succeed. 

You CAN do this. YOU have to make that decision and when you do, nothing will stop you from your goals. 

The best thing you can do is change the way you think about food- it is fuel for our bodies. We need proper fuel in order for our bodies to be healthy. This means, eating as cleanly as possible. Essentially, eating cleanly entails eating as close to the natural state of the food as possible and avoiding processed foods. Drink more water. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet. 

Start by taking walks and then slowly increasing the intensity of the workout. 

Honey, you have to believe in yourself. You are worth being healthy and happy. If you believe it, you can acheive it. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

proudmommy690
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Thank you. Is myfitnesspal free?

Quoting ALIC09:

First, you have to get your mind on a positive track. You can't start something when you have already decided to fail at it.  Use the fact that you're sick of how you look as motivation and do something!  Make small changes at a time.  You'll be even more discouraged if you try to do too much at one time.  Start by going on walks with your girls after having a healthy dinner.  You can also utilize tools like myfitnesspal.com to help track food intake and exercises.  You've got this girl!  

proudmommy690
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM
We don't even have a park near us :( No outside toys around the house either (nowhere to put them) but the kids do love going outside. Sadly no blender, I wish we had one lol.

I would love the recipes, maybe one day I can get a blender lol.

Quoting mstricey:

Start with baby steps. If you drink 5 cans of pop a day slowly decrease. Next week drink 3 and replace the other 2 with water and keep going. When you take your kids to the park instead of sitting and watching go play with them. I get my big 280 pound self up on the playscape, swings, slides. Chase them around. I know you said you can't walk on your street but what else do you like? You can turn on some music and dance around starting at 10 minutes a day. Instead of cutting out the foods you like just try to increase the amounts of fruits you eat (I remember you saying you dont like veggies). Do you have a blender? If so try a fresh fruit smoothie and add baby spinach. I promise the spinach is tasteless. I have a few smoothies recipes if you are interested.
proudmommy690
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Thats what Im trying to tell myself. I even have that meme from the motivational post on my phone now, and on my pinterest.

Quoting mstricey:

You can do this!
proudmommy690
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Thank you.

Quoting FitGamerGirl:

Don't give up on yourself! Make a list of the reasons you should get healthier. Focus on the things you would be able to do that are difficult to do now. That is what helped me. 

And don't become overwhelmed by your goals. Maybe just set a goal to lose 5lbs. And when you reach it, set another goal to lose 10lbs.

Hang in there! You have support here. Message me anytime if you need someone to vent on. :)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)