Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Where is everyone from?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 48 Replies

Where is everyone from?

And how/does your town help or hinder your weightloss? --great parks to walk or is there no place to walk? --How about the weather or mosquitos? Any free/cheap indoor facilities that you take advantage of?

Ill go first.

We are in Baytown Tx. We do have some great parks, but the weather or mosquitos always seem to be the problem. We do have a local Mall that opens early for "Mall Walkers", Ive been thinking of doing that...

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Georgia. Where I live there are hardly no parks or anywhere to walk. And our road is too busy to walk :( i can't wait to move to a better place
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I live in Stafford VA... I do not run around the roads because people are horrible drivers. My husband is a marine so I workout on base.... They have ton is trails... The roads have bike/runner paths on the side of the road... They even have hydration stations located all over the paths and at the track. I love that I have access to the base gym as well. I def feel set up for success. The bugs aren't bad here... But I do spray my clothes with tick spray because when I was younger I got lymes disease so never too careful.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Quoting proudmommy690:

Georgia. Where I live there are hardly no parks or anywhere to walk. And our road is too busy to walk :( i can't wait to move to a better place

Where in Georgia?? I'm in Georgia as well. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

proudmommy690
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Brunswick

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting proudmommy690:

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Quoting proudmommy690:

Brunswick

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting proudmommy690:

I'm about 15 minutes south of Atlanta. I have the same issues..

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anoronlight
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I'm in Colorado...the weather...freezing my butt off from about Oct till April. Then either wet as a dog from all the rain or sweating up a storm from all the dry heat. lol I don't walk in the mornings or at night. There is one little park near me but to get a real work out I have to walk two neighborhoods and the only time I can get out is when hubby is home sometimes. So I just go to the gym down the road...15 dollars a month isn't bad.

proudmommy690
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM
You're too far :( lol I hate it here. I wanna be back in Florida :(

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting proudmommy690:

Brunswick

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting proudmommy690:

I'm about 15 minutes south of Atlanta. I have the same issues..

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Minneapolis. This city seems to have been tailor made for exercise. We have 50 miles of designated walking paths in the park system alone, lakes and parks and creeks and the Mississippi. Running clubs, walking clubs, recreational water rentals, bike rental stations everywhere; it's pretty perfect here! And in the winter it's still just as fun-- cc skiing, sledding, windsurfing on a frozen lake, or keep on running on the plowed paths.
crabbyD
by Diana on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I'm from Chicago... We have a wonderful lakefront with bike and running paths... I run along the lake once or twice during the week after work, but I live blocks from an airport so I'll run around that beast 2-3x's a week. I have gym's everywhere, but due to my busy schedule I run when possible and lift weights at home. During the winter months I definitely rely on my dvds, but this year I'm going to take advantage of our school's exercise room :)... I work at great school, but I've never taken advantage of their wonderful amenities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MYBABYANDI
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM

bama  yea there r places to go for walks  there r bugs and snakes too so noe should be full of care

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN