Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Super frustrated! Runners and apple users come in!

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 13 Replies
My run tracker apps have stopped working! Both map my run and runtastic have only been tracking while the app is open. If I lock the screen the app pauses and either doesn't track time of doesn't track distance! Super frustrating! Anyone else having issues with ios7? Anyone have an app that hasn't gotten screwed up with the update?

I'm upset cuz I ran 6 miles today (furthest I have ever run without stopping in my entire LIFE!) and I don't have an accurate measure of my time/pace! My best estimate is based off of a text message I sent around mt start time. Same thing happened yesterday on my 4 milt run. Only thing that has changed is the iOS update.
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crabbyD
by Diana on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Have you updated your apps? Maybe uninstall and then install them again might work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM

idk... I use runkeeper. Bump for help

momlovestorun
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I had issues the first day with run keeper but now it's fine.

Quoting audmom1218:

My run tracker apps have stopped working! Both map my run and runtastic have only been tracking while the app is open. If I lock the screen the app pauses and either doesn't track time of doesn't track distance! Super frustrating! Anyone else having issues with ios7? Anyone have an app that hasn't gotten screwed up with the update?

I'm upset cuz I ran 6 miles today (furthest I have ever run without stopping in my entire LIFE!) and I don't have an accurate measure of my time/pace! My best estimate is based off of a text message I sent around mt start time. Same thing happened yesterday on my 4 milt run. Only thing that has changed is the iOS update.

momlovestorun
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
And good job!!!
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM
That sucks!! IMO runkeeper and nike+ both suck for giving accurate distances. I haven't found a good app yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ptitchou
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Sometimes it takes a bit for the app developers to fix bugs caused by a different iOS.
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM
That's what I'm hoping for! I am not running again til Tuesday am (spin class tomorrow) so I'm hoping to see some updates by then

Quoting Ptitchou:

Sometimes it takes a bit for the app developers to fix bugs caused by a different iOS.

Ptitchou
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep in mind that Apple often has another update shortly after a huge iOS change to fix things as well.

Quoting audmom1218:

That's what I'm hoping for! I am not running again til Tuesday am (spin class tomorrow) so I'm hoping to see some updates by then

Quoting Ptitchou:

crabbyD
by Diana on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Totally agree with Nike+ :/

Quoting Lesgerm:

That sucks!! IMO runkeeper and nike+ both suck for giving accurate distances. I haven't found a good app yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momlovestorun
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Run keeper always matches when I map it after.

Quoting Lesgerm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)