Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Zumba?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

There is a place near my house that offers an hour zumba class for $6 a class. I'm thinking of doing one class a week...

Is that a good price?

Is zumba a good workout?

Is once a week going to do anything or do I need to go more?

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM

that's what the zumba studio I go to charges- 6 bucks a class, or 60 a month unlimited (which I do)

zumba is a great work out- cardio and squats! haha   

as for will once a week be enough...I would say no- but I suppose it depends on what else you do? Do you do other cardio?   Just remember, the first class is gonna be crazy- you'll probably fel lost a bit. It takes 3 or 4 classes to "get" the routines, and then there are always new ones too... so if you try it and you are unsure...try again before you decide it isn't for you. Beware, it is pretty addicting- I did 8 classes last week and 8 the week before and have done as many as 10 in a week!

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I went to Zumba classes back home and the lady charged 5 bucks a class. I only went once a week but it wasn't my main form of exercise but I def was burning alot of calories. I went to her husbands bootcamp and crossfit in the mornings three times a week. Zumba is addictive... And if you go more often you will learn the moves and dances. I say try it out and see if you like it. 

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I'm just now getting into a routine...today I started my mostly raw diet and I'm starting the 30 squat (not sure if that's spelt right) challenge and the 30 day ab challenge probably tomaoorw since I like to work out in the AM. I also do 1/2 hour cardio (stairs) 3 days a week and weights 3 days a week but I may tweek that a little as I get use to working out.

The zumba is mostly just so I can get out of the house once a week without the mew baby and have some fun with other adults, kinda like some mommy time :) 

I was going to take a yoga class once a week but zumba seems fun and high energy plus it's so much cheaper :)

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

that's what the zumba studio I go to charges- 6 bucks a class, or 60 a month unlimited (which I do)

zumba is a great work out- cardio and squats! haha   

as for will once a week be enough...I would say no- but I suppose it depends on what else you do? Do you do other cardio?   Just remember, the first class is gonna be crazy- you'll probably fel lost a bit. It takes 3 or 4 classes to "get" the routines, and then there are always new ones too... so if you try it and you are unsure...try again before you decide it isn't for you. Beware, it is pretty addicting- I did 8 classes last week and 8 the week before and have done as many as 10 in a week!

mstricey
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM
6 is pretty normal. I pay 5 for my classes. Zumba is a really good workout. 1 class a week is probably not enough to see results but start at 1 a week to see if you like it.
TB78
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I should try to find a zumba class in my area. $6 bucks is good deal :-)

emtgirl885
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Sounds like a good price. It is an awesome workout! You could go to it once a week, to see if you like it. I love it, so I go 5 days a week.
CheyG
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I was paying 5 a class so it's not too bad I guess. I only did one class tho. I couldn't keep up and felt like I was gonna pass out cause I couldn't breathe!!! That's probably just me being a wimp lol. But I hurt the rest of the week!!! 

CampClan
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I think it sounds like a great deal! I have Zumba for the Wii & have only started the beginner routine this past Saturday (it's a total of 5 minutes long). I have a love/hate relationship with it right now but it was only day 1. LOL I want to look into a class so that I have other people to feed off of.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:42 AM

It's a great workout from what I hear!

mysticatgal
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I loved zumba and my thoughts on cost. Go once or twice, you will be able to decide for yourself I'd it's worth it to keep you on a workout routine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)