Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What all have you tried?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

What diets, exercises, changes have you tried? What has worked and what hasn't worked?

I'm not sure what to do or where to start. 

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Failed diets:
Starvation diet (1200 cal/day)
Liquid only diet (water, diet soda and chicken broth)
Slm quick
Slim fast
Herbalife
Hydroxycut
South beach
Weight watchers
Working out with a personal trainer (lost weight initially but once he got fired from the gym I dropped the restrictive diet he had me on and the weight came back)
Xenadrine

Successful "diet"
Fat2fit radio/bmr calculation
Eating clean
Couch 2 5k running plan.

Basically eating to my bmr and trying to get in at least 30 min of exercise 3 days a week. I have lost all 25lbs of my baby weight and I'm almost 30lbs below when I got pregnant by sticking to my lifestyle change. Cutting out sugar and wheat were game changers that really got me jump started.
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Where to start: post your weight height and age and how much you work out/activity level each week (andvwhether or not you're breastfeeding) and then go outside and play/walk etc for a half hour. Then come back and check on your post. We can tell you how much you should be eating. Then start tracking your calories. (I like myfitnesspal for that).

Eat those calories, gradually start exercising more.

Once you're in the groove of that come back here again and start looking into clean eating and quality of your calories. I find I do best in baby steps. First get your calories in line with your needs. Then move more then focus on cleaning up your diet. Hope that helps!
mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM

What doesn't work: Diets

What DOES work: Eating cleanly, doing cardio 4-5x per week for 45-60 min./ strength training 2-3x per week for 30-45 min/flexibility training 2-3x per week for 30-45 min. 

If you want your BMR done, I can do it for you. I need your age, height,weight, if you are BFIng and how many days per week you workout. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

CheyG
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I'm 25, 5'2", around 180 lbs, not breastfeeding, and I walk some, bike some, and chase after my 1 year old. That's about it.

Quoting mcginnisc:

What DOES work: Eating cleanly, doing cardio 4-5x per week for 45-60 min./ strength training 2-3x per week for 30-45 min/flexibility training 2-3x per week for 30-45 min. 

If you want your BMR done, I can do it for you. I need your age, height,weight, if you are BFIng and how many days per week you workout. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Quoting CheyG:

I'm 25, 5'2", around 180 lbs, not breastfeeding, and I walk some, bike some, and chase after my 1 year old. That's about it.

Quoting mcginnisc:

BMR: 1611

Maintenance while working out 1-3 days per week: 1611*1.375=2215

To lose 1 lb per week: 2215-500=1715

Your ideal calorie range is 1611-1715 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

CheyG
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Thanks! 

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting CheyG:

Quoting mcginnisc:

BMR: 1611

Maintenance while working out 1-3 days per week: 1611*1.375=2215

To lose 1 lb per week: 2215-500=1715

Your ideal calorie range is 1611-1715 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

3kidz123
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Currently eating a mostly raw diet and working out as much as having a newborn allows. I'm doing a 30 squat challenge, a 30 day ab challenge, cardio for an hour only 3 days a week right now, and weights 3 days a week. I want to do cardio more but my baby is only 2 weeks old and time just isn't there right now.

housewifehell
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I tried so many things over the years to loose weight and the only things that have worked well for me has been clean eating and yoga.  Remove the chemicals from your diet and the weight will start coming off. Just start looking at the label and if it has something you dont recognize then its not food. that was how it all started for me.  And remember when something says calorie free that isnt food either becuse we eat to get calories to burn as energy so if it says calorie free then avoid it like the plague.

momlovestorun
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM
The only thing that had worked got me is eating clean, watching portions and working out.
SkinnyFiberMom
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Mobile Photo

I have been battling my weight my whole life. I now have two kids almost 2 and 4. I have a chaotic life with them running around and have always been an emotional eater. I had a personal trainer last summer, but was still not getting the results I wanted because I would still cave and eat junk. I could eat clean all morning and afternoon, but I would binge every night.

I came across this weight loss supplement called Skinny Fiber. I read hundreds of testimonies and looked at before and after pictures for over a year. I finally decided to try it. It's 100% natural, no stimulants, so I figured, why not? Well, I've been taking it for over 4 weeks now and am down about 10 pounds! The picture is my 3 week progress. I feel amazing, have energy that I've never had before. It makes me me feel full faster so that I don't eat as much, and has taken away my cravings for junk food so I am having no problem making healthy choices.

If you want to know more about it, feel free to message me or check it out here>> http://teamcassie.skinnyfiberplus.com/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN