Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

So I tried working out this morning but.....

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

It didn't work out very well :(

Idk if I'm doing something wrong or what but I did some crunches and leg excercises. The leg ones were great. It's the crunches that didn't really work too well. First, I was having trouble doing them. TMI but my boobs kept getting in the way LOL. But more serious, after I was done, I got dizzy and felt kinda sick. And I have felt that way all day.

Maybe I should just stick to walking and riding my bike. Along with the leg excercises cause I liked those. I just want a flatter stomach. I look 6-7 months pregnant and I'm not :(

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MustBNapTime
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Hmm that is odd.. If you do this a few more times & get the same effect it may be a reason to see your family Dr...I do know if you work out harder than usual you get make yourself pretty sick... Id try again tomorrow & see what happens...

Also try doing planks instead of situps... Since having kids my stomach isnt the same (split muscle?) and its better for me to do planks- situps will make the split muscle worse.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/471872-nausea-from-sit-ups/

cj123573
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I was going to suggest trying planks as well, they cover a broader range of stomach muscles compared to situps or crunches. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:38 AM

If you've never worked out before, I would recommend taking it slow and easy.  Start with 15 minutes or so and work your way up.  Start with simple and easy moves and work your way up from there.  Jillian Michaels has some great workouts for beginners.  Make sure you are eating clean and healthy and drinking lots of water as well.  Hugs and good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)