Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Apple Cinnamon water for weight loss?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

So, I have started drinking this stuff and it is really yummy. I HATE the taste of water, so I try to add in fruits, cucmbers, herbs, etc. A friend of mine sent me the link to Apple Cinnamon water. Claiming it helps with weight loss? Anyone ever try it and have success?

I wont be upset if it really doesn't do anything more than hydrate you, just curious. It would be nice if it has a little added bonus,lol.

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I know people use raw apple cider vinger to help with weight loss.. I use it as an toner for my skin. I never heard of the apple cinnamon water thing.

L.A.F.outloud
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:15 AM

I've never heard anything one way or another but the more water you drink the less your eat so it's worth a shot.

HotMomma2622
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:35 AM
That does sound good , I just started the gym and I want to lose weight , I was drinking Pepsi constantly throughout the day non stop . Two two lieters a day not excluding fountain drinks at the gas station while out. I tryed to not drink Pepsi the whole day but, at eight pm right before work I started to get a migraine from no Pepsi. So I'm willing to try anything, how do you make this apple yummy drink ?
Solo_Fan
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:24 AM

I have never heard of the apple cinnamon water.  I have heard of honey and cinnamon and water to lose weight.  I tried it and it works, but got tired of the taste.

RheaF
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM

You take a gallon sized pitcher, slice a whole apple (thin slices), and toss it in with one or two cinnamon sticks. Throw in some ice and shake or stir a little bit, then fill with water. The site I found said you can refill it up to 4 times before you have to replace the apples(they will turn brown).

Quoting HotMomma2622:

That does sound good , I just started the gym and I want to lose weight , I was drinking Pepsi constantly throughout the day non stop . Two two lieters a day not excluding fountain drinks at the gas station while out. I tryed to not drink Pepsi the whole day but, at eight pm right before work I started to get a migraine from no Pepsi. So I'm willing to try anything, how do you make this apple yummy drink ?

MomTiara19
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Quoting RheaF:

You take a gallon sized pitcher, slice a whole apple (thin slices), and toss it in with one or two cinnamon sticks. Throw in some ice and shake or stir a little bit, then fill with water. The site I found said you can refill it up to 4 times before you have to replace the apples(they will turn brown).

Quoting HotMomma2622:

I will try this..sounds yummy and healthy.Thanks for the info.

my4kidsrock2
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I drank honey cinnamon water for a while and it seemed to be helping. But I'm not a fan of honey or cinnamon so it wasn't very appealing to me. I keep saying I need to drink it anyways though, it's only 1/2 cup twice a day. I could handle it....

my4kidsrock2
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I have 5 apple trees behind my house that are FULL of apples. I'll have to add this to my list of things to make with them, lol. Thanks.

Quoting RheaF:

Quoting HotMomma2622:

RheaF
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Quoting my4kidsrock2:

I drank honey cinnamon water for a while and it seemed to be helping. But I'm not a fan of honey or cinnamon so it wasn't very appealing to me. I keep saying I need to drink it anyways though, it's only 1/2 cup twice a day. I could handle it....

It helped though? Just 1/2 a cup a day? How do you make it? I take raw honey daily anyway for my allergies. I am up for any natural method that will help give me a little boost in the metabolism department,lol.

I am also trying to break the soft drink habit. I still have a Cherry Coke once and a while, but not like I was drinking them.

SunshneDaydream
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I have heard cinnamon is really good for your metabolism, and I can see how the sugar in the apples would be a good way to stave off hunger and cravings so you eat less during the day.  I love water and have NO problem drinking 80 oz/day, but this just sounds too yummy NOT to try!  Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)