Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I lost my son! SV

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:23 AM
  • 19 Replies
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

See that handsome boy? He is my oldest child and only son. Love him to bits.
He is 8 years old and is very tall/muscular for his age. I can barely lift him. he weighs 68lbs.

As of today, I have lost 68lbs. I look at him in disbelief of the fact that I basically used to carry an 8 yr old around on my body. No wonder my back used to hurt so much!
He is such a little sweet heart too. He is always telling me he is proud of me..and he loves that I can play with him and run with him now. I love that part of getting healthy too. :) He told me the other day that he is glad I am not sick anymore. I told him I was too.
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:30 AM

awesome!

tairakittie
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM

aw, Im glad you didnt really lose your son though, mine has walked away from me once in a busy crowd at almost 2 years old... scariest half hour of my life, but we found him, he actually walked right up to a police officer and ask him to pick him up, then he got to ride around in a cop cart with the officers while we ran frantically around trying to find him. SO asked an officer, who radioed the other officers, and thankfully someone responded back that they had him!!!! GAH! lol but yes, at the time, I had lost the equilavent of both my kids combined, since they were still so tiny, I really only lost 50lbs altogether, but that was about their combined weight! lol

luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Congrats but I really hate misleading posts. I was prepared for some tragedy :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmwood
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Congrats! and major Awww.... about your sons comments. We are proud of you too. 

high five

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM

That is a great way to think about it!  I have lost my son as well - he is 2 and 37 lbs.... :)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM

wow- I am down 66 (last I checked about 2 months ago)  so that's kind of cool  :)

congrats on your loss!

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Girl, you scared the crap of out me!  I was thinking you LOST your son.

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I think it really helps put things into perspective! I know that there is a thing that you can do that it puts in like that. 8 lbs is a human head type thing.

Congrats btw!

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Sorry, I did this really early this morning and didn't realize how misleading it would be. I will fix the title. :)

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

Congrats but I really hate misleading posts. I was prepared for some tragedy :(

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
woohoo for 50lbs..and I sort of lost him once. We owned a car lot out in the middle of no where off a highway. I was cleaning a car and turned my back. He walked off toward these trees way way way off accross a corn field. the field just had grass in it..but when I spotted him, he was a tiny speck. He was 4...scared me half to death!

Quoting tairakittie:aw, Im glad you didnt really lose your son though, mine has walked away from me once in a busy crowd at almost 2 years old... scariest half hour of my life, but we found him, he actually walked right up to a police officer and ask him to pick him up, then he got to ride around in a cop cart with the officers while we ran frantically around trying to find him. SO asked an officer, who radioed the other officers, and thankfully someone responded back that they had him!!!! GAH! lol but yes, at the time, I had lost the equilavent of both my kids combined, since they were still so tiny, I really only lost 50lbs altogether, but that was about their combined weight! lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)