Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

BMR Calculation please

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

I read a little on bmr. Can someone tell me about it and give me a calcualtation? 

Height: 5'4

Weight: 200

BF'ing: No

Workout days: 5-6 days a week @ 30 MiN

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories your body needs daily in order to function and be inactive-think digestion, blood flow and organ functions. Once you add activity, you have to increase your calories in order to offset that activity and to avoid " starvation mode"( our bodies think it is starving and begins to burn lean muscle mass and store fat). 

BMR: 1708

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week: 1708*1.55=2647

To lose 1 lb per week: 2647-500=2147

Your ideal calorie range while working out 3-5 days per week is 1708-2147 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Mrs_Reynolds
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Thanks Claire. Do you know how I can change the calorie amt on MFP?

Quoting mcginnisc:

BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories your body needs daily in order to function and be inactive-think digestion, blood flow and organ functions. Once you add activity, you have to increase your calories in order to offset that activity and to avoid " starvation mode"( our bodies think it is starving and begins to burn lean muscle mass and store fat). 

Your ideal calorie range while working out 3-5 days per week is 1708-2147 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Quoting Mrs_Reynolds:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes ma'am! 

Go to your page- Goals- Change Goals- customize-put in a mid range number- submit

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Mrs_Reynolds
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Thank you so much for your help :)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Mrs_Reynolds:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes ma'am! 

Go to your page- Goals- Change Goals- customize-put in a mid range number- submit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN