Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

sharing a fear of mine

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm afraid I'll get to my goal weight then not be able to maintain it.I'm worried that I'll get there and the pounds will slowly creep back up on me. Anyone else have this fear?

Better yet, anyone had this fear while losing and now are at their goal weight? Will you share your experiences please?
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniferW67
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean. I give myself a buffer of a few pounds. If I creep into that area, I either kick up the exercise or cut back my calories for a day or two. I love the way I eat now, so it isn't like I feel deprived, it's just that some days I eat heavier foods or will just "go for it" when we go out to eat. Don't stress about it, if you've gotten to your goal weight, you'll know how to stay there or close.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I worried about it more when I had more weight to lose. I still worry about it..but as it gets closer I worry less and less about it..
I just trust that when I get there it will work out.
youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:13 PM
My goal weight is 145. I completely plan on having a buffer lol. Once I hit 145 I don't want my morning after pee no food weight to go above 149.9.because I don't want to limit my holiday food forever ya know? But at the same time,I won't be able to eat as much then because my stomach should have shrunk at least a little after an 104 lb loss lol

Quoting JenniferW67:

I know what you mean. I give myself a buffer of a few pounds. If I creep into that area, I either kick up the exercise or cut back my calories for a day or two. I love the way I eat now, so it isn't like I feel deprived, it's just that some days I eat heavier foods or will just "go for it" when we go out to eat. Don't stress about it, if you've gotten to your goal weight, you'll know how to stay there or close.

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:14 PM
That might be a good point lol in total,I had 104lbs to lose. I'm down 20 as of my unofficial Monday weigh in(tomorrow morning is weigh day)

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

I worried about it more when I had more weight to lose. I still worry about it..but as it gets closer I worry less and less about it..

I just trust that when I get there it will work out.

JenniferW67
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Yeah...holidays can be tough. I try and enjoy a few goodies, well sweets aren't really my issue, I'll let myself have richer foods like stuffing, but I remind myself after the first serving, how much I like being thinner and try and think of how much I hate tight clothes.

I think you can expect for pounds to creep on, and when they do, don't beat yourself up. Just get back on the horse or bike, or wagon or whatever the saying is. lol

Quoting youllneverknow:

My goal weight is 145. I completely plan on having a buffer lol. Once I hit 145 I don't want my morning after pee no food weight to go above 149.9.because I don't want to limit my holiday food forever ya know? But at the same time,I won't be able to eat as much then because my stomach should have shrunk at least a little after an 104 lb loss lol

Quoting JenniferW67:

ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I have let 30 lbs of 80 lost creep on. I am back to losing and have lost almost 10 of it. I accepted it, fixed it and learned my lesson. That's all you can do
kristy95
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Yes! I'm afraid that I will get there and then lose motivation. I have already been within the last ten pounds and let ten + pounds creep back on. I'm just glad I'm back at it, but it sucks having to lose the same 10 or 15 pounds lol.
sumtermom3
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I certainly do. Life events have made me slack off my weight loss journey but I've stay at my same weight after a 43lb loss for a month now. I'm hoping by Oct 1st it will slow down enough that I can jump back in. It has given me hope that when I do reach my goal I'll be able to stay there easier.
youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Holy cow I've been featured! Lol thank you everyone for responding. I've always been the big one on my family. My whole family cheers me on..I feel like they all get so disappointed in me when I give up.they never say anything but I'm afraid I'll get there, they'll all be so proud then it will slowly creep back on and they'll be thinking,uhhh ohhh, there she goes again
proudmommy690
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM
My fear is dealing with this weight forever...and without motivation I guess I will :( if by some chance I do lose it yes I feel it will come back. And i hate it. I hate being so big and i hate shopping in the mens dept for shirts and having a hard time finding cute clothes. I always feel and look frumpy and i hate it. :( i wanna be skinny again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)