Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Weighted Hoola Hoop!

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 14 Replies
I was at a friends house yesterday. She has one of those weighted hoola hoops. I never could hoola hoop even as a child. She said anyone could keep that one up and that is left your abs in serious pain.
I figured 'Hey why not!'
I did it..it was awesome.
Late last night i was trying to figure out why my torso and shoulders were sore. Then I remembered. lol
I only used it for like 60 seconds at the most!

I put it on my Christmas list this morning! lol
Anyone else try one of those out?
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rbrown72707
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Was it easier to hula hoop?  I could never figure it out.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Yes! Ridiculously easy!
I never could do it as a child, ever.

Quoting Rbrown72707:

Was it easier to hula hoop?  I could never figure it out.

jupiter5
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I love my hoops!! I do mad tricks with them and they are awesome, I have one that lights up in the dark and every time I show my friends my skills they are in aww! And it's a fun workout!!
sumtermom3
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Where do you get them?
dmwood
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:54 AM

They are awesome and so easy!

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
walmart, target, amazon. I have seen them a bunch of places. Any place that sells weights/work out equipment. Plus you can get work out dvd's to go with them.
I'm half tempted to get the dvd and the hoop for christmas for when it gets too cold to exercise.

Quoting sumtermom3:

Where do you get them?

proudmommy690
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I have never heard of weighted hula hoops lol sounds pretty cool
proudmommy690
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Do you know how much they cost?

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

walmart, target, amazon. I have seen them a bunch of places. Any place that sells weights/work out equipment. Plus you can get work out dvd's to go with them.

I'm half tempted to get the dvd and the hoop for christmas for when it gets too cold to exercise.

Quoting sumtermom3:

Where do you get them?

sumtermom3
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I've never seen them in stores only heard people talk about them.
eevers55
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I have one. I LOVE it. The only downside is the bruising. My husband tells me people are going to think he's abusive because if I go for like 15-20 min. I get really dark bruises all around my love handles. But it's a great workout. I got it on sale at Target for like 20 bucks with a dvd (I believe regularly it's about 30-35). You snap it all together, or, once you can do it fairly well, you can snap it differently (orange and pink pieces, pink ones are slightly heavier). To start, it's alternating every color. Then you can alternate every two (two orange, two pink, etc.) and for the final hardest level, half pink and half orange so one half is way more weighted than the other. Haven't gotten that far yet.
The dvd is pretty good too. Usually I just hula hoop. I've had the darn thing for like two months and just put the dvd in last week haha. I managed the warm up and then my little one woke from her nap and wanted a cuddle and a snack. So I'm not sure of what the actual workout contains. The warm up contained ZERO hula hooping, just stretching and moving with the hoop.
Also, when you're younger, the hoops are much less plastic, so you swirl your hips to get em going. With the weighted hoop, it's a little easier once you get it down. One foot in front of the other (whichever is more comfortable for you) and it's more of a rocking back and forth with a slight hip swirl than the full out circle motion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN