Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

9 months on...

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 5 Replies
9 month off!

My son turned 9 months yesterday. Last week I dipped below my pre pregnancy weight! Unfortunately I am not my pre pregnancy size if that maked sense. I lost a lot of muscle while pregnant, and switched positions at work when I came back. So I don't do as much heavy lifting as I did before. Its funny how different my weight is distributed now! I am still super happy though!
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Congrats!

lovelychaos13
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

oh i feel ya momma, weight does re-distribute differently after kids. i have a natrally huge butt and hips, even times i was starving simply because too broke to buy anything to eat (pre-kids) even so being at 110 lbs, huge hips and the only chunk was on my butt, the rest of me was sunken in and skeletal. due to the size of my rear and hips i could not get in pants below size 10/11 .... cant do a thing about big wide hip bones and they were bones! didnt have fat on them back then.

with each kid my hips have only gotten bigger and my pelvis even wider. 2 girls 14 months apart in age, then almost 6 years later , last year had a stillbirth at 38 weeks.  the anniversery is in a week. even despite losing her, i carried her so long yeah my hips got even wider. im currently 211 lbs, i lost 14 this past month since i began walking. clearly yeah i was consumed with greif and was partly why i hadnt started trying to drop weight right after. 2 months ago i just snapped out of that cloud, dont know why, but i began feeling better, enjoying things i used to.

you have done an amazing job getting the weight off. yeah life changes and your body has changed, it wont be exactly what it once was, but desrves to be loved just as much!

i tried on some of my old jeans id had prior to being pregnant with emma. i had been wearing the forgiving sweat pants and pj pants so long. well i now can fir 2 pairs of jeans size 18, tight but not so tight they leave bruises, but it does give me a little muffin top. also a pair of shorts size 16 yet they are cut different and larger  i can get on zip and button larger muffin top yet sit lower than the jeans yet same tightness. they are old navy brand . i love old navy jeans and short, they are the only ones that fit my rear and hips, like the back doesnt flop out, it lays flat against me in the back when i sit. most jeans  just do not accomidate my butt, they are meant for those with tiny booties! ive done tons of butt workouts and its never changed a thing or gotten it smaller. ive had to just accpet it is not going anywhere, especially when it was still there and huge when i weighed 110 lbs!

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I am so sorry about your loss. We almost lost our son when he was born. It was terrifying, every day I think about how different life would be if he hadn't made it. You probably think how different life would be if she had made it. My heart breaks for you.

The biggest difference for me is the giant muffin top! Lol. I can barely squeeze in to my skinniest pants, but my muffin top looks horrible! So I have been wearing my bigger pants. Not a big deal. Hopefully I will keep losing though. :)

Quoting lovelychaos13:

oh i feel ya momma, weight does re-distribute differently after kids. i have a natrally huge butt and hips, even times i was starving simply because too broke to buy anything to eat (pre-kids) even so being at 110 lbs, huge hips and the only chunk was on my butt, the rest of me was sunken in and skeletal. due to the size of my rear and hips i could not get in pants below size 10/11 .... cant do a thing about big wide hip bones and they were bones! didnt have fat on them back then.

with each kid my hips have only gotten bigger and my pelvis even wider. 2 girls 14 months apart in age, then almost 6 years later , last year had a stillbirth at 38 weeks.  the anniversery is in a week. even despite losing her, i carried her so long yeah my hips got even wider. im currently 211 lbs, i lost 14 this past month since i began walking. clearly yeah i was consumed with greif and was partly why i hadnt started trying to drop weight right after. 2 months ago i just snapped out of that cloud, dont know why, but i began feeling better, enjoying things i used to.

you have done an amazing job getting the weight off. yeah life changes and your body has changed, it wont be exactly what it once was, but desrves to be loved just as much!

i tried on some of my old jeans id had prior to being pregnant with emma. i had been wearing the forgiving sweat pants and pj pants so long. well i now can fir 2 pairs of jeans size 18, tight but not so tight they leave bruises, but it does give me a little muffin top. also a pair of shorts size 16 yet they are cut different and larger  i can get on zip and button larger muffin top yet sit lower than the jeans yet same tightness. they are old navy brand . i love old navy jeans and short, they are the only ones that fit my rear and hips, like the back doesnt flop out, it lays flat against me in the back when i sit. most jeans  just do not accomidate my butt, they are meant for those with tiny booties! ive done tons of butt workouts and its never changed a thing or gotten it smaller. ive had to just accpet it is not going anywhere, especially when it was still there and huge when i weighed 110 lbs!

lovelychaos13
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM

she had a birth defect, its why we lost her, the ultrasound we got at 38 weeks, no heart beat, tech  desipte very experianced did not understand the defect she was seeing its so rare. after testing  it came about that dh is a carrier for the rare defect she had. they were shocked she even made it so far along to begin with , most lost before a positive pregnancy test or within the 1st trimester they said she passed a few days before the ultrasound.

i think part of the weight issue this time emotionally was the whole empty arms feeling after. i felt so angry and betrayed by my body when my milk came in yet no baby to nurse, angry my body was acting as if i had a newborn to care for when she was gone. i geuss in a way i was holding onto the pregnancy weight as almost a saftey blanket stomach  big and sticking out, hanging onto the fat almost like hanging onto her even though she wasnt there anymore. i know there was nothing anyone could have done to save her or to stop her from passing, no changes would have made any differance in what was going to happen. her fate was sealed with conception. but in a way i try to look at it like god gave her  a 1 way free pass to heaven, she didnt have to go through any pain in the world, but he waited to take her until near the very end so to bless us with  that time with her.  i am somewhat greatful we didnt know something was so wrong, all the memories of her growing inside me went untainted with that knowledge bearing down on us. if we had known earlier drs would have pushed to terminate as it would be a waiting game of is my baby going to die today. i dont think we could have handled that. i mean now we know, now when e are ready again  we go into it getting cvs and amnios done and very early detailed ultrasounds specifically looking for the  defect, focusing on if the brain is growing and filling out normally or mostly missing and only fluid there, as well as the facial defects of cyclops, it will be hard regardless and terrifying until we know for sure  if theres a defect, or if they are only a carrier of it like dh, or if they are completely normal healthy not a carrier like me.

Quoting AspensMama1537:

I am so sorry about your loss. We almost lost our son when he was born. It was terrifying, every day I think about how different life would be if he hadn't made it. You probably think how different life would be if she had made it. My heart breaks for you.

The biggest difference for me is the giant muffin top! Lol. I can barely squeeze in to my skinniest pants, but my muffin top looks horrible! So I have been wearing my bigger pants. Not a big deal. Hopefully I will keep losing though. :)

Quoting lovelychaos13:

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Great job!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN