Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What do you consider healthy?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 5 Replies

What do you all consider healthy eating??? There are so many different variations! And then when I go to find recipes there are so many different variations to that as well.

As for me, I don't want to eat anything that is processed, which is very difficult since half the recipes I find my kids will not touch, and honestly they look and sound disgusting!!!

And now I find myself eating the same things day after day. I don't want to get bored with my eating. 

Also I live in a small town, so the selection of things that I want to try is very limited as well. I wish I lived in the country so I could have my own garden and raise some of my own animals.

Anyone have any suggestions???

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM

No suggestions but I have been looking online for meal planners and eating clean tips. Here's a bump. Google your heart out lol Good luck!

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I eat as good as I can during the week but I still have cheat days. I make sure I keep fresh before and fruit for snacks in my fridge at eye level. And I as a lean protein in at least three meals a day. I do try and stay away from fast food but I will have something at some point during the month. I just eat the bad in moderation. The idea of eating healthy is always going to be different for everyone. I have friends that are so stricken with their eating and I just can't do that I will binge on the bad if I ate the way they do.
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Low fat, low sodium, low calories. Veggies, fruits, lean meats or fish, good carbs, high fiber foods and grains.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I consider healthy a mostly raw vegan diet so I'm no help. lol

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM

What works for us is moderately low carb (lower than that for me personally)/moderate protein/high healthy fat clean eating.....in other words, Primal dietary guidelines.  We eat a LOT of veggies (at least 1 serving per meal, usually more), pastured beef/clean pork/clean poultry/wild caught fish, eggs from pastured or free range hens, low-glycemic fruits (berries, apples, pears) with other fruit thrown in there at times, organic if possible but not necessary.  We consume healthy fats in the form of coconut oil, olive oil, real butter, avocado, fatty fish, coconut milk, and nuts.  I use a large variety of seasonings and spices to flavor our foods.  I use local honey or local maple syrup as sweetener....VERY little refined sugars in our house.  Our meals are NEVER blah and my kids and DH really enjoy them.  I'm happy to share recipes, or if you go to my CM group Rhonda's Home Kitchen, one whole forum is dedicated to Paleo/primal eating with a very large recipes post in there.

No breads, cereal, pasta...no grain foods since almost all grains are grown with heavy doses of chemicals or else are genetically modified....wheat, corn and soy are the worst offenders. Grains also damage our gut and cause inflammation in our bloodstream and other areas and are not as "good for you" as most people believe.  The small amount of nutrition found in grains is found abundantly in other, tastier foods.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN