Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

am I being unrealistic ? PCOS

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
  • 14 Replies
Yesterday marked my 1/2 birthday. On my next birthday I have to get a new photo for my license. I want to be 7 inches smaller from my waist. Or 4 pant size smaller. I have eaten healthy for the last two weeks but this week I am going to start keeping track of my exercises (I have gone on hikes and bike rides last two weeks nothing official) this week I want to do 20 mins of toning while moving (its a video that tones arms, abs and legs while doing cardio and you have resistance bands) and walking/to one day running 5 miles a day.

so can I be 8 size smaller in 6 months? My true goal is 12 size smaller. I am 20/22 plus size and I want to be a normal 10 eventually. But ill be happy at my bday to be a 16 regular.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candimom0610
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I have PCOs and my doctor recomended the South Beach Diet. It seems to be helping.

Mrs_Reynolds
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I'm not sure but here a bump for you buddy. 

snowpeasmom
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM

LOL stalker...j/k Thank you. We shall see and we can motivate each other on myfitnesspal and facebook but I am horrible about updating my food on there. I make a lot of home made stuff the last two weeks and it just seems to be a pain to have to put every ingredient in to get an accurate reading. LOL Example this morning I had 4 oz of coconut yogurt, 3 handfuls of blueberries and strawberries, and whole wheat honey bran muffin, and 24 oz of water. Lunch will probably be a veggie sandwich with cheese. Don't know what I want for dinner yet, either chicken and asparagus or chicken fajitas with salsa.

I have given up soda for the last two weeks, and today I weight myself and I weight the same. :( We will see what happens next.

Quoting Mrs_Reynolds:

Mrs_Reynolds
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I gave up soda and went from 200 to 195 in a week.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

LOL stalker...j/k Thank you. We shall see and we can motivate each other on myfitnesspal and facebook but I am horrible about updating my food on there. I make a lot of home made stuff the last two weeks and it just seems to be a pain to have to put every ingredient in to get an accurate reading. LOL Example this morning I had 4 oz of coconut yogurt, 3 handfuls of blueberries and strawberries, and whole wheat honey bran muffin, and 24 oz of water. Lunch will probably be a veggie sandwich with cheese. Don't know what I want for dinner yet, either chicken and asparagus or chicken fajitas with salsa.

I have given up soda for the last two weeks, and today I weight myself and I weight the same. :( We will see what happens next.

Quoting Mrs_Reynolds:

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I also have PCOS and I am trying to figure out the right eating plan for myself. I've been looking online for different meal plans. I have struggled for a while with trying to lose weight. How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

snowpeasmom
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I am 6'2" 268.8 pounds as of this morning. I want to well my dream weight would be 175-180 size 8 which is what I was pre pregnancy, (but when I was 18 I was 260, and then for two years I worked out 3 hours a day and ate really healthy and that is when I got to 175-180 size 8.) I don't think I can put that much time in. I just don't remember how long it took me to loose weight, once you get slightly healthy it starts coming off fast....I would be happy with anything that I can buy at a regular store so I can stop paying for costumized pants. I am waist 41, inseam 36. Try finding that at a normal store, its hard enough finding inseam 36, it is impossible for + size and inseam. :( I have to have a 34 waist to get into normal sizes, I would like to get to a 32-30 eventually. I hope, I know I will never be 27 again.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I also have PCOS and I am trying to figure out the right eating plan for myself. I've been looking online for different meal plans. I have struggled for a while with trying to lose weight. How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:40 PM

In 6 months I don't know if that's reasonable or not. I would just set a tentative date and go from there. Losing weight with PCOS sucks because it can pile on quickly but take forever to come off. I'm 5'2 and 177.0, 4 yrs ago before my diagnosis I was at 160. The weight piled on within 5 mths and I haven't  been able to lose it except earlier this year. I got down to 168 but again let it creep back up

Good luck

Quoting snowpeasmom:

I am 6'2" 268.8 pounds as of this morning. I want to well my dream weight would be 175-180 size 8 which is what I was pre pregnancy, (but when I was 18 I was 260, and then for two years I worked out 3 hours a day and ate really healthy and that is when I got to 175-180 size 8.) I don't think I can put that much time in. I just don't remember how long it took me to loose weight, once you get slightly healthy it starts coming off fast....I would be happy with anything that I can buy at a regular store so I can stop paying for costumized pants. I am waist 41, inseam 36. Try finding that at a normal store, its hard enough finding inseam 36, it is impossible for + size and inseam. :( I have to have a 34 waist to get into normal sizes, I would like to get to a 32-30 eventually. I hope, I know I will never be 27 again.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

starburst1680
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I have PCOS and started at an 18/20W. That was just over 5 months ago. I am now a 14. So it is possible :-) I agree with the PP that carbs are one thing you really want to watch with PCOS. You don't have to cut them out completely but watch those just like you watch calories and that should help you see results.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I have PCOS and endometreosis..it can make weight loss more difficult but not impossible.
Good luck!
nicole2884
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I have pcos an I lost 35 pounds in 8 months probably could have done it in 6 but I really eased in to the process small goals not working out much by the end I was walking / jogging 5 days a week an counting calories
It was more about changing my eating habits then some diet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN