Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I want to keep going to the gym but...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 5 Replies
I found out I was pregnant 10 weeks ago, shortly after that I stopped going to the gym but continued to eat healthy (as much as my body would allow between things looking appeasing to the eye) and now I'm getting my energy back, so I want to go to the gym. I've had two miscarriages prior to this pregnancy and this is the furthest I've made it. I want to start exercising again, does anyone have any suggestions of low impact things to do? Maybe taking the dog on a walk?

Thank you in advance.
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
emskiblues
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Walks are definitely a good start. Make sure to consult ur doctor if it's wise to do anything just because of your previous miscarriages. I had a miscarriage before and had an appendix removed when I was 5 months along. All I was allowed to do was walk. Look in to doing like yoga or pilates workouts for pregnant women. I know that ther are videos out there for it and I believe some gyms offer classes. Good Luck!

congratulations      good luck

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Oct. 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM

With your history, I would definitely talk to your doctor before you resume anything.  In general, weight training and any of the machines are fine, the pool is great, walking is great, but again, talk to your doctor first.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ripemango
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM

w your history of m/c, talk to your doctor about what is best FOR YOU.

I would feel safe in taking regular walks until you can speak w your obgyn about it.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I would stick with walking, maybe swimming indoors but talk to your doctor first

Hadadat
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Talk with doc and see what they suggest. I second swimming. Low impact on your muscles and joints.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)