Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone else doing fun runs this month?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have two fun runs scheduled this month.

Our town is sponsoring a 'Mascot' 5K. People will be dressed up as their high school, college or any other favorite team mascot. There is a group of 5 of us doing it together. We are working on costumes now for next weekend.

The weekend before Halloween I am visiting a friend and her town is doing a Zombie run (not sure if it is the official zombie run) so we are doing that one together too.

I do not enjoy running, but these types of 5K that are purely for fun seem more like a good time than fitness.

Anyone else doing any races or fun runs this month? 

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hadadat
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I so wish I could!! I ran 12 races last year and got addicted then I strained my heel and ended up with plantar fasciitis. Now I'm on the mend but not racing yet.

GleeFan
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Oh no! PF is not fun. A friend of mine who is a marathoner got PF last year and she still hasn't done any long distance races yet. She has done a 5K here and there, but she is taking her time and babying the injury so she can come back full speed.

I hope you heal well and fast. 

Quoting Hadadat:

I so wish I could!! I ran 12 races last year and got addicted then I strained my heel and ended up with plantar fasciitis. Now I'm on the mend but not racing yet.

Hadadat
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Thank you thank you GleeFan! I'm almost there. I've started running again but little distances. I was running upwards of 7 miles on Saturdays and 5 miles twice a week so it's been a depressing complete halt.

I love fun runs! Enjoy your races and have a blast!

Quoting GleeFan:

Oh no! PF is not fun. A friend of mine who is a marathoner got PF last year and she still hasn't done any long distance races yet. She has done a 5K here and there, but she is taking her time and babying the injury so she can come back full speed.

Quoting Hadadat:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Oct. 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Fun!  I'm doing a mud run later this month that I'm stoked about!  This is the first time they've done a 9 mile version (they have a 5K and 10K)!  I did Tough Mudder in July, and really, it's pretty similar.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

3Xthelove
by Heather on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Did one today!!
mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Nope. I was scheduled to do a half marathon in a couple of weeks, but due to a serious injury, I am now sidelined. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

GleeFan
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Thanks!  

Quoting Hadadat:

Thank you thank you GleeFan! I'm almost there. I've started running again but little distances. I was running upwards of 7 miles on Saturdays and 5 miles twice a week so it's been a depressing complete halt.

I love fun runs! Enjoy your races and have a blast!

Quoting GleeFan:

Quoting Hadadat:

GleeFan
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I have heard of the muddy buddy and tough mudder. Those are way to intense for me but they look like a lot of fun.

I just don't think I have the stimina yet for something like that.

Quoting musicpisces:

Fun!  I'm doing a mud run later this month that I'm stoked about!  This is the first time they've done a 9 mile version (they have a 5K and 10K)!  I did Tough Mudder in July, and really, it's pretty similar.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM

One of the great things with something like that, though, is that the run is broken WAY up by the obstacles.  Plus, half of the people are walking most of it, anyway.  They're usually not even timed (though I think the one I'm doing this month will be).

My husband is FINALLY starting to run (after 3 years of me harassing him, I'd completely given up!), and he's pondering Tough Mudder in April, when it's near us!  I really hope he decides to do it!

Quoting GleeFan:

I have heard of the muddy buddy and tough mudder. Those are way to intense for me but they look like a lot of fun.

I just don't think I have the stimina yet for something like that.

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM
We just did a 5k which was a memorial for a local woman who was a victim of domestic violence. Definitely a somber cause but it was a super fun race. Lots of little kids ran along side their parents (or run/walk) so that was great to see! Dd was in the stroller and we finished in 36 min. Not sensational, but definitely a great race.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN