Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Ack! Hate when this happens!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 12 Replies
Sorry ladies, I'm gonna whine for a second.

I can do so good for about a month and then for a couple of days my willpower flys out the window and I am embarassed at what I end up eating. :(
Granted it is not nearly as bad as it was years ago when I was a daily binge eater. Also in reality it is not even all that much extra food. An extra slice of lasagna on Thursday and an extra slice of pizza last night plus a larger than it should have been bowl of ice cream on both nights. *face palm*
But, I'm still kicking myself today. :(
Time to guzzle some water and get back to eating better again.

Anyone else do this from time to time?
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I have cheat days, I have to have them other wise I will just eat whatever every day of the week. But having that one day to cheat (and I don't binge out that day just have something away from the healthy norm) helps me control myself the rest of the week.
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I have those from time to time as well.

Quoting KelliansMom:

I have cheat days, I have to have them other wise I will just eat whatever every day of the week. But having that one day to cheat (and I don't binge out that day just have something away from the healthy norm) helps me control myself the rest of the week.

starburst1680
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I do that. Usually it seems to start with one slip up. Once I go over my calories by more than a few in a day I think well, I'm already over might as well have a cookie. Sometimes it takes another day or two for me to get my head back on straight and get back to eating right.

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I don't eat pizza, lasagna or ice cream at all. Not in my lifestyle change diet.
Going out to eat tonight. Splurge is a shrimp cocktail. Entree will be a garden salad with fat free dressing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM

rarely, I plan out my days of food so I know what I'm having and how much of it.  once I have had it, I stop..or trade out something else so it is still in my calories.  I also make room every day for that ice cream (I now get the sugar free stuff or lower fat- the calories are lower in those) or that cookie or whatever, so I nevr really feel deprived.

*I do have days here and there where I don't count at all- but I plan around those too if I can (a day or two before and after- I'll eat lower calories)

JenniferW67
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Yep! This is what I tend to do.

Quoting starburst1680:

I do that. Usually it seems to start with one slip up. Once I go over my calories by more than a few in a day I think well, I'm already over might as well have a cookie. Sometimes it takes another day or two for me to get my head back on straight and get back to eating right.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Yep...we all do mama!  Tomorrow is a new day!

twnkedee
by Tia on Oct. 6, 2013 at 4:45 AM

Oh I am so with you, I have had the worst couple of days with my eating, I have been snacking too much between meals! Granted they are "healthy" snacks but still enough that I gained 2lbs! Ack! Oh well, it's a new week, time to button down the hatches and undo what I have done to myself! Why oh why do I do that?

MissingZZZs
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I find that my poor eating choices come when I am family fun eating. My husband often smiles and offers me fattening foods. It gets me at least a bite of the forbidden every time. I try to make the rest of my bites better for me or less in portion sizes. I agree with darby even today...its a new day.

SkellyBird
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I do this also from time to time. I'm on a very strict diet, and sometimes I just cave. I feel like a piece of garbage afterward but I'm going to tell you something I should tell myself:   Don't beat yourself up about it, you've been doing great. Everyone trips up once in a while, that doesn't mean you failed. Pick right back up where you left off and keep striving for your goal. <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)