Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Revelations.....**vent**

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:38 AM
  • 20 Replies

So I'm browsing through CM and after commenting on a particular post, I've noticed some things about myself that I've never wanted to admit. I 've realized I'm not fat because I can't help it or due to my PCOS. I realized that I use my weight as a crutch. I'm always telling myself that the reason I'm single is because I'm fat and unattractive when in fact I am attractive, I just have trust issues.

I use my weight to tell myself that I can't get up and exercise when its what I need to do to lose the weight. I binge eat when I frustrated, mad, stressed out etc. I get mad at myself for eating so much so then I eat even more.

I am insecure due to a past relationship so I use food as comfort not caring that the cupcake I ate yesterday had 370 cals. Sometimes I can eat and not even feel full so I just keep eating for no reason whatsoever.

I've fallen into a pitiful cycle and I have no clue how to stop the cycle. Since creating my journal almost a month ago I've gained 4 lbs. I went from 176 to 180 and since I'm only 5'2 that puts me in the obese catergory with my BMI.

I keep losing my motivation. I'll get motivated and then after maybe 3 or 4 days lose the motivation and start eating out of control again and not caring but then looking in the mirror later and hating what I see.

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Hugs mama...we're all learning more about ourselves each day:)

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:18 AM
First of all (((hugs)))
You are not alone. Compulsive/binge eating a vicious cycle. It takes time to break it and relearn new habits.
Here is a book that helped me a LOT..
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0452270847/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1381144659&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70
it sounds like you are at the point that you really want to make a change. PM me if you want to chat.
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Hang in there. The first step is realizing that YOU have the power to change.  You can do this.  I'm 47 and I find that I'm just beginning to find myself.  :) Here for You!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM

realising what is going on , why you eat and when you tend to eat more is a good thing to know.  that's a big step in the right direction!

Motivation comes from within you.  We can support you, but we cannot choose your food or work out FOR you.  If you aren't there yet, then you aren't there yet.   Many of us start only to go a few days or a couple weeks and lose it...it happens.  I've been throught it, but one day, I got up and something had snapped...I decided I was going to do this and NOTHING and NO ONE was going to stop me.  about a year and a half later I'm down close to 70 lbs and have not lost motivation (though there have been some tough weeks- not gonna lie)

you CAN do this.  Take it one day at  a time

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Yea I think I've figured out my triggers and just need to turn to something else. As for motivation I have that I just need to get up and do it. I want to do it, I know I need to do it I just get frustrated at myself for making bad choices and then I just spiral.

One bad choice doesn't equal failure. I CAN do this and I will.... I'm giving myself a yr (til my next bday) to lose 50 lbs

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

realising what is going on , why you eat and when you tend to eat more is a good thing to know.  that's a big step in the right direction!

Motivation comes from within you.  We can support you, but we cannot choose your food or work out FOR you.  If you aren't there yet, then you aren't there yet.   Many of us start only to go a few days or a couple weeks and lose it...it happens.  I've been throught it, but one day, I got up and something had snapped...I decided I was going to do this and NOTHING and NO ONE was going to stop me.  about a year and a half later I'm down close to 70 lbs and have not lost motivation (though there have been some tough weeks- not gonna lie)

you CAN do this.  Take it one day at  a time

Hadadat
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM

That's a pretty big step towards getting on the right track by seeing this and noting it. Big hugs!

bonitalilmama
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM
watch a documentary about success weight loss store, find a woman with your body type so it looks realistic and look at it before working out and dieting or hang it up on wall while working out. a lot of woman like a certain body type and say i want to be like that but realistically your body will never be like that. if you can join a class so you can mingle with woman and get that extra support
cowgirls10181
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I eat when i'm depressed, sugar is my favorate! you can get over the hump you are not alone

MooNFaeRie30
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Hugs I have gone through those cycles too (and I am sure I will again in the future). Have you trieda website like lose it or spark peopl. I find that when I am logging and participating in challanges on lose it! I stay more focused than when I am not.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Hugs
Its good your realizing the why
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN