Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Are you the same person?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 16 Replies
This weight loss journey has changed me in a lot more ways than I planned.
I was shooting to be healthier and slimmer...and turns out in the process I have changed a lot of who I was. Or maybe I am just becoming the person I was always meant to be..but I didn't because I was so hung up on my eating disorders.
I wish I could go back and redo the first few years of my marriage and not be so hung up on the useless things..and just have fun!
My husband has said some things lately that have made me contemplate all of this. He said 'I am a lot more fun than I used to be.' And 'I am a completely different person now, but in a good way.'
Lol
I'm glad he likes the new me..and I'm pretty sure I'm not done changing..but I'm curious to see who I will be when I finish 'growing down'. ;)
Anyone else feel as if they changed part of who they are on this journey?
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emtgirl885
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Yes, I feel more confident and have more energy.
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I'm feeling more confident and secure. My self esteem is going up and working out makes me feel like for once I have control over my life!

momlovestorun
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I think I am much more happy because I feel so much better.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Bump. :)
crabbyD
by Diana on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You will never finish 'growing down'... You'll just become a wiser :)

I've realized that time is of the essence and I have to plan for everything.... I've found myself not hanging out with friends because I already had a scheduled workout for that day.  My friendships have suffered a bit, but as always pull through.  As far as my relationship with my hubby???? It was a hard struggle making him understand that this new more health conscious me was a change made for my family and myself.  He has now boarded the healthy lifestyle train and it's made us so much stronger.  He definitely is my spot partner! lol

As for me? I feel great... and I just want to keep this going.  I love feeling strong... It's a total difference from just wanting to be thin... I can't explain it, but I like it! lol

fitmom13
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Aside from feeling more confident, I I feel like I can do a lot more. It was such a step out of my comfort zone when I started my fitness routines etc and proving to myself that I was capable of something I never thought possible was an amazing feeling. I really do feel like I can do anything now. Its a great feeling :)

cjhallmom
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM

We are not the same person ;) Since the moment we decided to eat healthy and get in shape...there is determination and will power! 

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I agree.  I wonder where this journey will take me :)

srehman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I lost 60+ lbs and went from a 24 to a 14 and got in the 100's when all that happened my confidence sky rocketed I felt great and beautiful inside and out. So, yeah I would say I did change. And now we just had our son (4 months old on the 27rh this month) I have 25 lbs to lose. Ugh. I'm back to the "old me" not as confident and just feel icky although even at this weight I am a 16/18 it still doesn't feel good to me.
mysticatgal
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I went through the same thing. It's hard to lose the weight and deal after pregnancy.

Quoting srehman:

I lost 60+ lbs and went from a 24 to a 14 and got in the 100's when all that happened my confidence sky rocketed I felt great and beautiful inside and out. So, yeah I would say I did change. And now we just had our son (4 months old on the 27rh this month) I have 25 lbs to lose. Ugh. I'm back to the "old me" not as confident and just feel icky although even at this weight I am a 16/18 it still doesn't feel good to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)