Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I compared myself to a hog! What are your weight loss secrets?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 28 Replies

And realize now how far I've come.

Today while at a farm with some mommy friends, we were looking at the pigs trying to gauge how much they weighed and one mom said at the very least 300 lbs.  I said well, when I was pregnant with my youngest I was over 300 lbs so I am positive that animal is at least 500 lbs.  Or at least I hope so!

I am so proud of the weight I've lost.  I really don't know my top number but the day afrter giving birth ( to my nearly 10 lb baby) I was 301--I use that as my starting number.  As of now I've lost 76 lbs.  Now I had gotten to this point before but gained some back.  Now I'm back on my mission.

I can do this!

GymPact and MyFitnessPal are my secrets.  What are yours?

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
great job! you can do it!
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh and my secret...My fitness pal, this group and trying to be the woman I want my girls to be when they grow up!
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM

While I don't have girls I try to set a good example for my boys, too.  Its so tough in this society sometimes.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Oh and my secret...My fitness pal, this group and trying to be the woman I want my girls to be when they grow up!

emtgirl885
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Way to go, keep up the hard work!

My secrets are support from family and friends, the gym, walking 8 miles total twice a week, and eating healthy foods.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:45 AM
76 lbs is amazing!! Way to go!!

Buying clothes a size smaller. Trying them on after a few lbs, and they are loose or start to zip ir button is a good motivator!
Being able to nail certain yoga poses where my belly had previously gotten in the way is a secret win for me:)
Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:55 AM
You rock. I haven't begun my journey yet. Almost done with this pregnancy. (Due next Tuesday.) Began at 268, currently at 298. Desperately trying to stay under 3.....I've use MFP this whole pregnancy to keep the gain in check. I plan on starting Couch 2 5K the second I can after baby!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Great job mama!

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!

And family and friends are so important.  Sometimes I feel like some people are working against me so I just try to keep the people who help closer to me.

Quoting emtgirl885:

Way to go, keep up the hard work!

My secrets are support from family and friends, the gym, walking 8 miles total twice a week, and eating healthy foods.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Thank you!

And yes, clothing!  Just getting dressed is more fun when you fit into clothing you like! 

I haven't tried Yoga since I was bigger-I may just have to try it again to see if I can do it better and add that to my list, too!

Quoting iamcafemom83:

76 lbs is amazing!! Way to go!!

Buying clothes a size smaller. Trying them on after a few lbs, and they are loose or start to zip ir button is a good motivator!
Being able to nail certain yoga poses where my belly had previously gotten in the way is a secret win for me:)

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I started right where you are!  I didn't look at that scale near the end of my pregnancy.  I refused.  Then they weighed me after giving birth and me thinking I hadn't gained as much as I did looked and saw the dreaded 3 in front.  I held it together long enough for my nurse to leave (she was actually a high school aquaintence, to make matters more embarrasing!) then I broke down.  It was my toughest day.  That and the fact that my son was nearly a 10 lb baby.  I thought there is no way?  How did I get here?

Now is the time for you.  And you can do it!  You will prbably blow my progress out of the water as long as you stay the course!  You can do it!

Let me know how you do the C25K!  I tried it and gave up two weeks in.  I was hurting my knee so decided with my Dr to try again when I lose more. 

And good luck with the last week (or more?) or the pregancy!  I hope everything goes just how you need it to.

Quoting Wheepingchree:

You rock. I haven't begun my journey yet. Almost done with this pregnancy. (Due next Tuesday.) Began at 268, currently at 298. Desperately trying to stay under 3.....I've use MFP this whole pregnancy to keep the gain in check. I plan on starting Couch 2 5K the second I can after baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)