Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I am trying something new

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have several friends who are vegetarians who swear by that lifestyle.

I have done some reading and while I am not completely sold on the concept of it, I am going to challenge myself to 30 days of being a vegetarian. This is in no way a diet or quick fix thing. I want to really know if 1) I can do it and 2) if I really will feel better eating this way.

So any vegetarians out there? Tips, tricks, and recipes will be appreciated.

Did anyone else choose a vegetarian or even vegan(too restrictive for me) lifestyle?

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I did it for about 10 months.(vegetarian, then vegan and even raw vegan for about 2 weeks) My gallbladder was trashed and my nursing baby was dairy intolerant. I did it to put off surgery) I didn't mind it too much, but when Winter hit(we live in Ohio) it got kind of expensive. We were on a very tight budget at the time.
I say give it a shot. You might like it.
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I am not but just wanted to say that for a while I was eating several foods with soy, I was the sickest ever and I feel it messed with my hormones. I am no expert in going vegetarian but I would look for the most healthy and natural ways to replace meat and be aware of GMOs.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Good luck!

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Good for you!  I'm not vegetarian, but in our house we go through streaks.  A good friend of mine was a vegetarian for about 10 years and quit because she just didn't find variety in it and was always anemic or nutrient deficient.  Definitely do your research and incorporate a variety of things that can replacement meat but still provide you with the necessrily protein and nutrients. 

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)