Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working out 4 weeks after C-Section

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:09 AM
  • 4 Replies
I had a C-Section 4 weeks ago. I feel great and I was previously a moderately active person before I got pregnant. I know you are supposed to wait 6-8 weeks but what about 20 minutes or so on the Stairmaster and some light (5lbs.) weight arm exercises? Does anyone have personal experience with working out in this level of, "low intensity," 4 weeks post-partum?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I would speak to your doctor first. 

I had a c-section and was active prior to getting pregnant and during pregnancy and was up and walking around the next day after I had the baby.  I still waited about 6-8 weeks though before exercising and kept it walking for a little bit simply because I didn't want to open up the incision.

Best bet is to talk to your doctor and in the meantime, if you are up for it, do some light walking.

3kidz123
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Yes and no. I had a problem free vaginal birth and was doing an hour of cardio and lifting 10 pound weights at 8 days PP BUT I didn't have a c-section!

I'm a month PP now and I workout every day for atleast an hour, sometimes low intensity but ushelly not...again though I had a vaginal birth.

3kidz123
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Oh and I had a very inactive pregnancy but I was feeling fine to workout and had light bleeding when I started.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I didn't have a c section but I started going for walks a week or so after my son was born. C sections are something I would wait till I got the all clear from my doctor before doing anything bc your body needs time to heal from that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)