Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it worth extra time at the gym to enjoy a 250 calorie treat? Poll included.

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: You want to buy and enjoy a Pumpkin Frappuccino that is around 250 calories do you?

Options:

Happily work out at least 30 minutes on the elliptical (or other cardio machine) to enjoy the indulgence.

Skip the seasonal treat, 30 mintues is not worth it.

Pick a lighter option that will have half the taste but half the calories and skip the extra exercise.

You do not count calories and maintain your relgular routine and enjoy 250 calorie treat.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

During fall I love pumpkin everything, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin coffee, and pumpkin pie.  Yesterday I ordered a frappacchino and saw that it was approximately 250 calories. Personally It was well worth  spending 30 extra minutes on the elliptical for the treat.  I was wondering if others did not mind exercise and even to spend more time at the gym or in activity to enjoy indulgences every now and then?.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I eat what I want with in moderation. I don't add time to my work outs bc I had an extra latte or extra calories.
tiredmomfor2
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I am with the PP, eat everything in moderation. however. I am a recovering binge eater..and on the rare occasions that my food intake gets out of hand...I will make myself work it off.
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I eat 2 or 3 100 to 150 calorie healthy snacks a day.
If it is worked into to your daily calories, yes. If it is up and beyond your calories, no.
I would say that would be a once a month treat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

What about just drinking half and freezing the rest for a ice cream style treat another day?

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM

well, if it's only 250 cal, I could figure out how to get that in my day- and I usually do 2 hours of zumba anyway so...

* I count calories- but always allow for something like a cookie or treat (usually 150-200 cal) - so I'd just eat a lower cal. lunch or dinner that day to fit it in

Hadadat
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Why not!? It's like a double bonus, you get your heartrate up and some movement for your body AND you get to indulge.

norahsmommy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I would just adjust my intake for the rest of the day to accommodate. I'm not so worried about calories, I never go over on those even when I eat what I want. However too many carbs really mess me up.
srehman
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I am between c and d options. Bc normally I eat everything with calorie range and workout according to my calories...stay within 1200-1500 calories but enjoy those two Oreo cookies. But, I have also learned so many tweaking options that I incorporate more of those into my routine so I'm not feeling deprived of my Oreos. However I do splurge usually on birthdays and anniversaries even holidays aren't that bad for me :) and bc I don't have time for an extra 30 minutes to workout bc the gym I attend only gives you a 2 hour limit and I usually am there for 2 hours as it is :)
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Mmmm pumkin!! I workout extra around oct to dec lol
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM
No because I personally hate to drink my calories. if it was a cookie or mini muffin or something I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)