Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still pregnant and kind of discouraged....

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 1 Replies

I went to my diabetic dr today and by his scale I only gained 2 pounds over my pre pregnancy weight. When he saw that he said he would like me to lose about 25lbs by January 8th at our next appointment. I know I am going to lose weight when I have the baby but by 2 months after I have the baby he wants this done... He says its to reduce the change of diabetes in the future (I only have gestational). I am just discouraged because what if I have another c section and I can't exercise those 8 weeks and I can't make the weight loss he wants? Now I am all worried and feel kind of depressed... (I am due in 18 days) 

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
CLEKate
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Here's what you are not considering:

The average size of a newborn is something like 8 pounds.

The average size of the rest of the "crap" in there with the newborn, is like 8 pounds.

So by birthing the baby and getting rid of the "crap", you are going to be down 16+ pounds.

Which means you should automatically drop 16+ of those 25 pounds.

That leaves 9 pounds in 2 months.  That's 4.5 pounds a month.    Really, not that scary.

And don't let lack of exercise be an excuse--cause it ain't a valid one.  Weight loss is primarily diet related, not exercise related.  Just stick with whatever you have done while pregnant--it's working.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)