Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Jewel's Journey to "Making my body y best outfit"

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
I want to start my journal with a little background info on me! I am 30 years old. And my pre weight was 185, at 5'3. I have five children, 4 I gave birth to. I love yoga, bike riding, rollerblading and eating good,healthy and new and interesting food. Which is why I gained so much weight. And I always blamed it on having so many children. But I should've been more selective of my choices. I would eat anything whenever and blame my pregnancy. Well once the babies were all here and I wasn't having any more, the weight was piling on faster and faster. With so many children a new wardrobe is out of the question. I was always uncomfortable and hated the way I looked in pictures. So I have been losing weight within the last year and a half. I have lost 25lbs, my goal weight is with 20 more lbs. On Dec. 31 2012 I joined Women's Workout World. And I started jogging once or twice a week. Jogging has been the best workout but its the hardest for me, I have weak lungs. I love smoothies and yogurt, fruit and vegetables and lots of unfavorable sweets! So I will post my workouts and what I eat weekly. Today is the start of the rest of the best days of my life. I feel great and I have more energy everytime I workout. And I welcome any suggestion, questions and feed back. I love to share positive news with anyone willing to listen(read) lol. And I love to hear inspiring stories and dreams. S.O. EbonyJewel28

i rockBlack Diamond

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ebonyjewel28
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM

So on my journey my favorite new healthy meals are Avacodo salad, with dill dressing. I have stopped eating most store bought dressing, and try to make them. When i purchase some I go for vinegarettes and Light dressings. I never put the dressing directly on the salad and can usually eat a salad raw(no dressing).

I like eggplant sandwiches, made with basil and fresh mozerrella cheese.  For the last two days I have avoided meat as much as possible, only eating it at night. This week i am going to start measuring myself and watch my sizes drop as i tone up and lose.  I started this weeks work out with  a jog.

I jogged for 49min

distance 5.47km

ave. speed6.6km/h

cals. burned 913kcal

This has so far been one of my best work outs.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Love your journal title!
Keep up the good work! You can do it!
Ebonyjewel28
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks so much! Same to you, and just remember excuse is the only way to burn zero calories. Always convince yourself to do something to help you move closer to your goals and stay fit and healthy.   

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Love your journal title!
Keep up the good work! You can do it!

Ebonyjewel28
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

This is crazy! I didnt get to yoga until Sunday afternoon, it was a great stretch! I made it out to the gym on Tuesday evening and feel asleep after my cardio. I was attempting to do leg presses and dozed a little. And decided it was time to head home.

This past Saturday I went jogging again, Im a little proud of myself because I added a mile to the jog. So instead of 1 I ran 2miles. Yay! and today I am going to make it through an hour of yoga and some cardio on my stationary bicycle at home. I am determined and soon I will be adding to my routine, and working out 4 to 5 days a week. I have been eating like a nut, my monthly is driving me crazy!

Ebonyjewel28
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I disappeared from cafemom for too long.  I have lost any more weight! I am continually being completed. I havent kept up with a regular workout routine, and feel shameful about that. I did give up drinking soda, OMG!  That has been a long and hard journey. The first too weeks of that journey was difficult, but cold turkey was the plan, and then I ended up drinking on weekends only. Now I dont have a taste for the crap, but i drink it every once in awhile. I know soon it will be a distant memory to indulge in pop. 

I was asked to become a weightloss coach. Im a little nervous, but I think this will push me to do better in order to practice what I want to preach to others!!  I hope erveryone elses journey ahs been better than mine. And I am going to stay connected from now on.  I really missed Cafemom!!

Happy Healthy living!!snowboarding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN