Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How are people losing weight? Any good pointers?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 28 Replies

Hi Everyone!! Anyone care to share their exercise routine? Any menu ideas? I am trying to get healthy and would love any suggestions!! Thanks in advance!

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SheciaBaby
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Bump! I would like to know too
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:42 PM
3 moms liked this
I have lost almost 70lbs by counting calories, drinking water, eating healthier foods and exercising. Although the majority of it came off without consistent exercise.
Just start with one small change..such as staying on point with calories, drinking more water or cutting out soda..then once one becomes a habit..add in another one.
Before you know it..you have changed all of your unhealthy habits to good ones.
as for exercise..it can be anything you enjoy. Walking, running, zumba, dancing, weight lifting. Etc. Et.c there is so much to choose from.
I personally do a lot of walking and a little strength training.
You can do this! Good luck!
srehman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, I plan out my meals and write down the calories for each dish so I prefer to buy cookbooks that include that or go onto sparkpeople.com and get recipes off of there. I workout pretty regularly (soon one more week and my butts back in the gym! Son has to be 4 months old..one more week) so, I walk 3 miles at least 3 days a week and try to run at home on the treadmill for 60 additional minutes. It is time consuming to plan out the meals. But it saves me time and money in the long run. I enjoy foods that are forbidden because I make room for them. I tweak recipes as well :-) it's hard and long and definitely don't get quick results but in the long run it works and stays off :-)
GaMommy2013
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Well I am losing weight and losing inches but I think I hit  a wall and now I can't lose anymore weight. I need to get over this hump and continue to lose weight. I figure there might be something I haven't tried yet!! :)

Quoting SheciaBaby:

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
If you have already been losing and stopped then it may be time to redo your calories, or change up your workout.

Quoting GaMommy2013:

Well I am losing weight and losing inches but I think I hit  a wall and now I can't lose anymore weight. I need to get over this hump and continue to lose weight. I figure there might be something I haven't tried yet!! :)

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Going back to work I got more active (when I started this job, I was lifting 36-pound servers to put on a rack, walking back and forth with them, etc) and I was also eating less because I couldn't just constantly snack. 

My biggest thing is drinking more water and trying not to snack every 5 minutes when I'm not working.

GaMommy2013
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Wow! That is fantastic. Congratulations. I think soda will be the hardest thing to give up. Thank you for sharing how you lost weight. How long did it take for everything to start becoming a habit for you?

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

I have lost almost 70lbs by counting calories, drinking water, eating healthier foods and exercising. Although the majority of it came off without consistent exercise.
Just start with one small change..such as staying on point with calories, drinking more water or cutting out soda..then once one becomes a habit..add in another one.
as for exercise..it can be anything you enjoy. Walking, running, zumba, dancing, weight lifting. Etc. Et.c there is so much to choose from.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. Lol that is a good question. Some of it came easy and some I am still working on. ;) It is a journey...and I have not reached my destination yet.
The soda was hard for me too..and I managed to break it. I do allow myself a little every once in a while. However, it is no longer a daily thing.
My weight loss overall so far has taken almost 3 . Years. I took a couple breaks here and there.
You can read about part of my journey in my journal. It is called : one step at a time.
good luck! You can do this!

Quoting GaMommy2013:

Wow! That is fantastic. Congratulations. I think soda will be the hardest thing to give up. Thank you for sharing how you lost weight. How long did it take for everything to start becoming a habit for you?

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

bmcandmmh
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
For me loosing weight was kind of an accident. But a happy accident for me. I got put on a medication that made me have no apetite at all and if I was hungry I would eat because I knew I needed to but not because it looked good to me. So I basically cut down to two small meals a day and no juice or soda. Just brewed ice tea without sugar or plain water. In 6 months I have lost 22lbs. It's very exciting. I have not been this skinny since before I had my son 6 years ago. I am not and have not exercised at all.
GaMommy2013
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Oh wow. Thank you. I will definitely keep this in mind. I have never heard of sparkpeople.com i will definitely check it out. 

Quoting srehman:

Well, I plan out my meals and write down the calories for each dish so I prefer to buy cookbooks that include that or go onto sparkpeople.com and get recipes off of there. I workout pretty regularly (soon one more week and my butts back in the gym! Son has to be 4 months old..one more week) so, I walk 3 miles at least 3 days a week and try to run at home on the treadmill for 60 additional minutes. It is time consuming to plan out the meals. But it saves me time and money in the long run. I enjoy foods that are forbidden because I make room for them. I tweak recipes as well :-) it's hard and long and definitely don't get quick results but in the long run it works and stays off :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN