Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Late night snacking

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM
  • 7 Replies
I get the most awful cravings for fast food when I get off of work at 10pm.
I have almost no willpower to tell myself no.
And its not even that I am necessarily hungry.

I feel kinda dumb for even posting this.. but its seriously like an addiction. And I really need it to stop.

I also over eat at lunch and dinner.. even when I'm full I keep eating.. I really wish I could just make myself stop.. but its not easy. .. :(

Can anyone relate??
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group mama!  We all get cravings like that...it's just the means of working our way through them.  How often do you eat?  You should be eating 5-6 small meals each day to keep your metabolism up so you don't get too hungry and over eat.  Also, each time you eat, make sure you're eating something with protein and/or fiber to help you stay full.

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Yes!  I had to cut out fast food completely! And I was one to keep eating even when I was full.  Even salads! I thought, if it's a salad, I can eat as much as I want and pile as much stuff on it.  And I was adding soooooo many calories to it!  Now, I try to eat my salad out of a cereal bowl.  That's my new serving size and I find that I'm full with that size.  A lot of it is just breaking the habit.  But you'll feel sooooooo much better once you do! :)  Good luck!

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Not fast food for me, but chocolate at night. Aaaaaalllllllll the chocolate.
momlovestorun
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I get like that when I don't eat enough during the day. Its like my body is trying to catch up. I just try to eat several times a day to prevent it. The days I do well at eating enough, I don't binge eat at night.

cjhallmom
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Why you don't try a smoothie?.. with yogurt, spinach, some berries or 1/4 banana.. flaxseed or chia seed..that will keep full longer... =)  I completely avoid cereal at night since it is mostly carbs and my body doesn't need energy while I am sleeping... cottage cheese works amazing... best late snack ever! 

AmyLynn5398
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Are you eating enouch calories early in the day?  It sounds like you are not getting enough calories/energy early on and then your body is demanding an overload later.  Also craving fast food usually is a emotional trigger to reward yourself or to feel accomplished.  So after a hard day at work your stress hormone cortisol can be released signaling for you to eat food with substance, fast food. 

A suggestion is to be more prepared.  I know this is harder to do then it sounds, after all you have a routine but you could always have snacks on hand to keep you from stopping and then have a healthy snack at home. 

Some examples would be air popped popcorn, lean low sodium turkey slices with veggies.  I keep a can of almonds (cocunt flavor is awesome) in my car and  a handful when I am craving something.  It works for me!!! 

Also what about taco bell and order frescho, or subway.  You would still feel like you are treating yourself but not giving into all the fat and calories (as much anyway.)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM

try planning your food for the day.

I write down everything I'm eating and how much...and the calories involved. I eaat breakfast- lunch-snack-dinner-snack

that way I don't overdo it , and I'm usually never hungry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)