Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Crunches

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 15 Replies

What can I do other then crunches to lose the belly fat?

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momlovestorun
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Crunches don't really help you lose belly fat. They can tone your muscles under belly fat but the way to burn fat is cardio.

I would focus on cardio and core workouts to get stronger. Even start lifting weights....... I'd start with something like this:

http://www.creedalene.com/five-day-calisthenics-workout/#five-day-calisthenics-workout

momlovestorun
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM

or like this:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/102245854012802551/

srehman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Do what something called kickback, you lay on the floor feet about 3-4 inches off the ground and kick your feet up and down. Also, planks, and push up, and complete sit ups slowly up and slowlydown count to like 3 each time (up and down). Also, squats and lunges. And kettle bell (ball??) workouts can help.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Abs are made in the kitchen and strengthen in the gym. My ab routine are situps, ball sit ups, hanging leg lifts, and reverse sit ups. Oh planks help too.
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:41 PM

The only thing you can do to lose fat is to diet.  Fat is not fixable by exercise, only diet.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Yep.  This.

Quoting momlovestorun:

Crunches don't really help you lose belly fat. They can tone your muscles under belly fat but the way to burn fat is cardio.

I would focus on cardio and core workouts to get stronger. Even start lifting weights....... I'd start with something like this:

http://www.creedalene.com/five-day-calisthenics-workout/#five-day-calisthenics-workout

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:58 AM

This too!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Abs are made in the kitchen and strengthen in the gym. My ab routine are situps, ball sit ups, hanging leg lifts, and reverse sit ups. Oh planks help too.

busymommy2013
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Crunches won't help lose belly fat. Cardio will.
emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:18 AM
What you eat is important. Consume protein, veggies, and fruits. For exercise, cardio works for me.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Abs are made in the kitchen.  You can do as many crunches as you can do all day , every day but that won't really cut it.  You need to watch what you eat and try to eat as cleanly as possible.  You will also need to pair up cardio with any kind of strength and ab training you do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)