Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a change in my lifestyle, and I need it NOW

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am a young mother who has accomplished a lot in a short amount of time. However I am concerned with my eating, exerisize and my over-all health.

I really don't know where to start. I need to eat a lot healthier, and I really do try. I wasn't raised to eat whole grain foods, or even "healthy" foods in general. I was given tons of soda, frozen pizza, chips, cookies, candy, etc. I have never struggled with weight or diabeties, however, as I am getting older these things are starting to effect my health and it needs to change.

I have been trying to give up soda, junk, frozen meals. I make sure my daughter stays away from this crap but why can't I? Its difficult for me to even know where to begin, I only know how to cook what my mother made growing up. Those who have struggled with switching to a healthier lifestyle, how did you do it? I need help shopping, planning meals, and even working out an exersize plan that fits with my life.

I know I have issues with Dairy and thats about it. I need to make sure my S/O will enjoy this lifestyle change too. He loves junk food. I am just sick of feeling like crap all the time because of the way I eat. what is your secret to knocking out soda? and what are other healthier beverage alternatives? I know juice is filled with sugar and very little vitamins. Any kinds of tea? Green? herbal?

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
v2011
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Try this...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Eat-Clean-Diet-Recharged-Lasting/dp/1552100677/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_z

The food is good and I think it has shopping lists in it. They focus on a lot of power foods which will give you more energy. Green tea is good as long as you don't add a bunch of sugar. Pick foods high in antioxidants. Sweet potatoes, berries, Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt (higher in proteins). Don't expect change over night, do it in steps. Change takes time.

BeachbodyMom77
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I have made that change about 2 years ago - got on some amazing at home programs but still needed a boost in my diet.  I looked for meal replacement shakes to help, but I also have a dairy issue and they all seem to contain some type of dairy product!  About a month ago, I got on a new Shake - it is vegan so no dairy!!  It also contains all fruit and veggie servings for the day, 18 amino acids, tons of vitamins and minerals, and also antioxidents!  It has allowed me to cut back on caffeine and my junk food cravings are totally gone!  I have some amazing chocolate truffles at work and I don't even want them!

ambermario4ever
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Checkout body by vi. It is great and very healthy. For dinners do things like baked or grilled fish or chicken. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies with meals and for snacks. And when you want pizza or some junk just use some portion control everything is ok in moderation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)