Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

It's a start...

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok... I know this is starting slow, but I am proud that I have been able to get back on my salad kick again for my lunches.  I went the other day and bought a bunch of different salad fixings and brought them to work.  Every day this week I have been having a salad for lunch.  And ya know what?  It's pretty darn tasty!!  I forgot I had a salad tast buds... lol 

I know it's not a big deal, but when I had lost a lot the a few years back that's how I started.  So if anyone is hungry, I have a ton of things in the fridge here at work if you want!!  lol

I know I need to keep it up if I am going to lose anything.  Next I need to get moving!!!  :0)

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimmer331
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!!!  It's the little things that create bigger things.  I know I just bought a big bag of salad mix and and plan on incorporating a bunch of yummy items over the next few days to remind myself how much I enjoy a good salad.  Sometimes we just have to return to our roots to remind us of what we've been missing.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
That is a good start Mama! great job!
goofygalno1
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Thanks so much!!  :0)

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

That is a good start Mama! great job!

goofygalno1
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Thank you!!  I went home last night and ruined my lunch with a not so great dinner...  Oh well... get back on it again and keep on truckin!  lol

Quoting Kimmer331:

Good luck!!!  It's the little things that create bigger things.  I know I just bought a big bag of salad mix and and plan on incorporating a bunch of yummy items over the next few days to remind myself how much I enjoy a good salad.  Sometimes we just have to return to our roots to remind us of what we've been missing.

KSK0811
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM

That's great. It's definitely a step in the right direction. Diet is always a hard thing for me to change and I have to take major baby steps. It doesn't help that the other adults in my home have a major love for sweets and are set in their ways as far as eating habits.

goofygalno1
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM

ahaha yeah sweets are my downfall as well.  I try to not keep ice cream in the house because I LOVE me some ice cream.  I can't believe how much I have let myself go and it's going to be so hard to lose all of this nasty weight... lol  But if I can change up how I am eating I can at least have a starting point with that. 

Quoting KSK0811:

That's great. It's definitely a step in the right direction. Diet is always a hard thing for me to change and I have to take major baby steps. It doesn't help that the other adults in my home have a major love for sweets and are set in their ways as far as eating habits.

BeachbodyMom77
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I have issues with "dieting".  I have found that I would rather exercise than cut out food that I love.  The funny thing is that you naturally start craving healthier foods once you get active!  What kind of workout do you like to do?

goofygalno1
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM
To be honest I really don't have a favorite workout. But when I was working out I kind of did some cardio like zumba... lol I looked like a hot mess that's why I exersize alone. hahah
Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

I have issues with "dieting".  I have found that I would rather exercise than cut out food that I love.  The funny thing is that you naturally start craving healthier foods once you get active!  What kind of workout do you like to do?

BeachbodyMom77
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I feel the same way.... And I hate being confined in tons of clothes, so it is better for me to stay at home as well! Lol! I have found some amazing programs so I have enjoyed it!

Quoting goofygalno1:

To be honest I really don't have a favorite workout. But when I was working out I kind of did some cardio like zumba... lol I looked like a hot mess that's why I exersize alone. hahah

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

karebear48461
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

In my opinion, it's better to smart small and build healthier habits anyways. I really like salad as well. It's definitely my "go to" snack before anything else. My biggest problem is getting enough water & milk in a day, which is extremely important because I'm also breastfeeding.

I'm starting out small here by saying I want to consume 3-4 bottles of water a day and 2-3 cups of milk!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)