Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

WORK IS KILLING ME--LITERALLY

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
So in 2009 I began my weight loss journey. I intially lost 116 pounds and was finally feeling good. One year ago my work starting giving away all the cookies, chips, pop tarts and any other junk foodie type snack and POP away as much as you wanted whenever you wanted. I have gained back 72 pounds. I know that I should not eat the food and yes the obvious I have packed my own food but co-workers around me will munch happy for hours and I just cave. I know I have a food addiction and I know that I should not eat the food but I do anyway. any suggestions other than quitting my job which is NOT an option because I am a single mom. I have been looking but so far NO LUCK.
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
itsm3
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

honestly, YOU JUST HAVE TO NOT EAT IT. no one is forcing you to eat that stuff but you CHOOSE to eat it. 

so just don't.  i know it's hard but just ignore it.  snack on your healthy snacks instead.

my work always has free food and it's all junk - chips, soda, cake, cupcakes, pizza...but i don't eat a drop.  sometimes i want to so instead, i just snack on my healthy snacks instead or drink a huge glass of water.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM
This. You have to FORCE yourself not to eat it. When you see your favorite treat, eat something healthy like a granola bar or something

Quoting itsm3:

honestly, YOU JUST HAVE TO NOT EAT IT. no one is forcing you to eat that stuff but you CHOOSE to eat it. 

so just don't.  i know it's hard but just ignore it.  snack on your healthy snacks instead.

my work always has free food and it's all junk - chips, soda, cake, cupcakes, pizza...but i don't eat a drop.  sometimes i want to so instead, i just snack on my healthy snacks instead or drink a huge glass of water.

3kidz123
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I agree with the ladies above...work is not the problem the problem is your will power. Start small, one week deside to have only 2 treats, next week just one, then cut it off. Or go cold turkey but either way you need to stop yourself.

hugs and gl

KSK0811
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM

My office is the exact same way. We do monthly breakfasts for employees and other co-workers are constantly bringing delicious goodies. Also, Tis the season for sweets. You have to stay strong. Look back at pictures of yourself before you put some of this weight back on. Print off a picture of your ideal physique and tape it to your wall. Do whatever you have to do. Big hugs!

BDSMI
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Thank you girls.  You gave me some great ideas. First, one is not to tell myself no but limit myself.  I know I can do this I have to.  I want to lose this weight by next summer as we are planning a big trip.  I want to see myself healthy.  Your right I can do this. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)