Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

T-minus 30 pounds til my wedding!

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 6 Replies
3 moms liked this

My name is Autumn, I'm 26, I don't have any human kids (but two cute kitties!), and I am currently engaged to be married -hopefully- next summer!

Two years ago, I was living in France, eating pastries and cheese, drinking wine all the time, and not gaining a thing because I walked everywhere! Well that was wonderful until I came back to the US and found that I'm still addicted to cheese, sugar, and wine, but now it's starting to show! I've gained THIRTY pounds over the past year, and I intend to lose every bit of that before my wedding!

Current weight: 160
Goal weight: 130
Goal loss per month: 6 pounds

As a general rule, I don't allow pictures to be taken of me anymore (because I can't stand to see myself), but here's a picture comparison: You can see that my jawline is less defined (my face is rounder), my arms are fuller, and I wear clothes that hide my love handles and my belly and my arms!

I will face many struggles...mainly kicking the sugar habit, refusing wine and alcohol of all sorts, eliminating many fats, carbs, and empty calories, and motivating my lazy self to exercise! I need to start drinking more water and less diet soda, and I need to establish a daily routine.

I'll try to take better pictures so that we can watch my progress. Please feel free to send your support and advice, because I'm sure I'll need it! Thanks all!

xo.Autumn 

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BeachbodyMom77
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM
What kind of workouts will you do?

Quoting avowles1:

My name is Autumn, I'm 26, I don't have any human kids (but two cute kitties!), and I am currently engaged to be married -hopefully- next summer!

Two years ago, I was living in France, eating pastries and cheese, drinking wine all the time, and not gaining a thing because I walked everywhere! Well that was wonderful until I came back to the US and found that I'm still addicted to cheese, sugar, and wine, but now it's starting to show! I've gained THIRTY pounds over the past year, and I intend to lose every bit of that before my wedding!

Current weight: 160
Goal weight: 130
Goal loss per month: 6 pounds

As a general rule, I don't allow pictures to be taken of me anymore (because I can't stand to see myself), but here's a picture comparison: You can see that my jawline is less defined (my face is rounder), my arms are fuller, and I wear clothes that hide my love handles and my belly and my arms!

I will face many struggles...mainly kicking the sugar habit, refusing wine and alcohol of all sorts, eliminating many fats, carbs, and empty calories, and motivating my lazy self to exercise! I need to start drinking more water and less diet soda, and I need to establish a daily routine.

I'll try to take better pictures so that we can watch my progress. Please feel free to send your support and advice, because I'm sure I'll need it! Thanks all!

xo.Autumn 

avowles1
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure yet! I usually use the exercise bike at the gym for cardio, then focus mainly on arm exercises because I'm really self-conscious about my upper arms! I also bought a weighted hula-hoop, and I've heard that can be an effective and fun way to shed pounds at home.

I've never been good at exercising (as silly as that may sound), I have asthma and couldn't run easily as a kid, so I have developed an aversion to it. I know I need to push myself in exercising, but if I only want to lose 1.5 pounds per week, I should be able to do basic exercising and still meet my goals.

Do you have any suggestions of workouts for beginners? 

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! !
notjustamom125
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Cute title! Thx for the inspiration and new friendship! You've got this!!
lelah17
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM

i started using it works products found they wrk and all natural to assist me in weight loss. foxy-wraps.myitworks.com :)

lelah17
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:56 PM

i ue my calorie counter app and fat fighters from it works, luv them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN