Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New here I need support and willing to give mine..

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi ladies my name is Nichole after 4 children and 7 years i have managed to get to the whooping weight of 277 I cant believe i have let this get this far out of hand. I have been juicing and completely cut pop and fast food out I defiantly eat more healthier now but my big problem is I'm the type of person who can go on a health kick and lose 20 to 40 pounds then feel comfortable with my progress then slowly get back into my old habits and gain all back I hate that about myself, even though all and all I'm pretty tough food is my weakness...I need a friend or 2 or 3 lol to really support me as I will do the same....Glad to be a part of your group hope to hear a lot from y'all.......:)

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!
Jsexton5
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I Completely know how you feel. I do the same thing, get healthy and then slip into old habits.
I'm attempting to try and stay on track and get fit and have been doing it for about a 2 -3 months eating healthy, and now im trying to make sure i workout everyday.
It's VERY hard to sty away ffrom the foods and drinks I like, especially when I get a craving :(
I'd love to help you with support :)

SolanaA
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Hi! Would love to help support you too! I started my health and fitness journey 3 years ago and have been sticking to it thanks to an amazing support group. Prior to that I was going up and down and just wasn't motivated to keep at it. 

I see you've made adjustments to your nutrition. What about excercising? What do you do?

Quoting PRECIOSA2828:

Hi ladies my name is Nichole after 4 children and 7 years i have managed to get to the whooping weight of 277 I cant believe i have let this get this far out of hand. I have been juicing and completely cut pop and fast food out I defiantly eat more healthier now but my big problem is I'm the type of person who can go on a health kick and lose 20 to 40 pounds then feel comfortable with my progress then slowly get back into my old habits and gain all back I hate that about myself, even though all and all I'm pretty tough food is my weakness...I need a friend or 2 or 3 lol to really support me as I will do the same....Glad to be a part of your group hope to hear a lot from y'all.......:)

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Well hey! And welcome! You have come to the right place.  Everyone here is so supportive.....Keep going....It gets better and better watching that scale go down! :)

craftybookworm
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group and I feel your pain.  I am an expert at getting into a great groove (if you will) with diet and exercise.  Then

BAM!

My other personality kicks in.... this one I've dubbed the Queen of Excuses.  Yep she tends to rear her ugly head quite a bit.

I'll gladly work with you if you promise to kick me in the tail when needed ;)

PRECIOSA2828
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I walk or jog 30 mins a day....

Quoting SolanaA:

Hi! Would love to help support you too! I started my health and fitness journey 3 years ago and have been sticking to it thanks to an amazing support group. Prior to that I was going up and down and just wasn't motivated to keep at it. 

I see you've made adjustments to your nutrition. What about excercising? What do you do?

Quoting PRECIOSA2828:

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!
You should head on over to the Journal section. You can post about your journey, success and even struggles.
We are always here to lend support and encouragemenT.
You can do this!
PRECIOSA2828
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi ladies I went to dr today im down 10 pounds yay!

SolanaA
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

30 minutes is all you need. Keep it up. Try intensifying the jog/walk. It keeps the metabolism going. Example: jog for 5 minutes, sprint for 15 seconds and repeat till 30 minutes is over. 

PRECIOSA2828
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM
OK I haven't been on a couple days cause I lost my password I just had a chance to reset it but I'm happy to report that I'm down to 265 from 280 just 3 weeks ago......yay: )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)