Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Creating balance and finding joy. Improving a healthier me!

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 1 Replies
Starting this at the suggestion of a new cafe-mom friend. Thanks!! :) And I'm going to copy paste part of my message to her as a good way to start.

When I was pregnant in 2003 I had a front desk job at a dorm and it was slow so I was on the computer for most of my shifts. I became a part of a group forum of expecting moms. It was so helpful and the community aspect of it was great... following one another's progress, weighing in with advice, opinions, and support. I'm glad to have found this site with its forums.

I've been sporadic with my fitness pal, and with fitness in general, but started back up today. I played around with Lose It and Calorie Counter apps, but they didn't seem as simple to input foods. And my biggest reason is that I can sync my Fitbit flex pedometer for free. It was $39.99/yr to sync it with Lose it, and CC didn't have that option at all. I've been focusing on watching what I eat--and what I don't. I passed on a chocolate btreat at work this week. I know it's delicious and really rich, and also full of sugar, butter, and eggs. A different day I had gotten so busy that I skipped lunch, so I did have a piece of cake and Oreos at an afternoon meeting, and an apple.

I'm currently at my happiest, and close to my heaviest. That was this past summer at 239. Our wedding is October 2014. I'm so excited to become DF's wife, merge our lives into one family in one house, and grow our family. My son is 9. He and I have cut soda from his diet as a change in being healthier. He needs to lose, too, and/or just not gain as he grows and gets taller. My future stepson is currently 5. Our boys get along really well and the little one calls mine his brother already. :)

Overall it's about creating a healthier lifestyle for me and my family. I'm also being intentional about creating balance in my life, including making myself be accountable. I'm glad to have found CafeMom and these forums. Thank you all for sharing and for being supportive and encouraging!

So far I've set small, measurable goals. My goals are losing 10 pounds by Dec 1st, logging my food every day on My Fitness Pal, and walking after work for at least 15-20 minutes 4x a week. I've got an opening in my afternoons at work and I know I can do this and then even up that.

Ready set go!

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
notjustamom125
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM
There is leftover chocolate silk pie AND an amazing looking apple pie in the faculty lunchroom today and I'm not eating any of either. I may have a small piece of the apple pie this afternoon, but I'm staying away from the super calorie, butter and sugar laden chocolate pie. (Didn't have any on Friday either!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN