Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Solana's Journey to Fit, Strong, and Lean

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 1 Replies

Brief info about me: I'm a 32 year old mother of 3 ages 14, 13, and 5 and I'm married. I'm a preschool teacher of 20 kids. I have 2 small business'--one in the health and fitness industry offering support and motivation to EVERYONE who is seeking help. The other is a secretary/designer/slave bouncing for my husband's silk screening.

My journey started 3 years ago after baby #3. I wasn't happy with myself, I felt tired, napping way to much, unmotivated, low confidence...the list goes on. After baby  #3 I weighed almost 156lbs on my 5'1" frame! Scary. I needed to take action but was too busy to exercise. I started on a weight loss meal replacement plan and lost 23 pounds. I was happy with my loss but I still didn't feel good about how I looked and how I felt inside. My distributor told me I've probably reached my maximum weigh loss and will not lose any more weight. Do you know how I felt? Disappointed. I stopped the program. And my weight climbed back up to 140.

I needed to take action again. I just didn't know what to do. In August 2011, I saw some friends on Facebook talking about TurboFire. It took about a month for me to give it a try. in 3 months of doing TurboFire, I lost 10 pounds and was slimmer, felt more energized, didn't long for naps, I could keep up with the energy level of my preschoolers, and overall felt healthy. I still have a goal to get lean and toned. I've been sticking to this health addiction since then.

I hope my journey gives hope to all the mommies out there. For those of us who have been blessed with stretch marks and a pooch....I want to be that person to inspire you that change and dedication will get you to your goals. 

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
SolanaA
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM

My journey came to an end with Beachbody's T25 workout. I have not had much success in inches or weight loss with this program. For one...I wasn't looking to lose any weight anyway. I was expecting inches. But no success there. The only thing I did gain was strength and endurance. 

I will be taking a one week recovery from intense workouts. I'll be doing yoga for the time. Next week, I'll be doing a hybrid of a mix of cardio workout with strength training from ChaLEAN Extreme. I need to get leaner and want to look more defined.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN