Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Clean Eating Challenge Day 2: Keep Meals Simple

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 51 Replies

Welcome to Day 2 of the Clean Eating Challenge!

Keep Meals Simple!

Healthy, clean food doesn't have to take long, be hard to prepare or have a lot of ingredients. Make it easy and keep ingredients to a minimum. All you need to do is include a lean protein, a healthy fat, a fruit and/or veggie and a whole grain at each meal.

Here are a few examples of fast, clean, healthy and easy dinner ideas:

• Saute onion, halved grape tomatoes and chopped green bell pepper in extra virgin olive oil until slightly tender. Add a chicken breast and serve over whole wheat angel hair pasta.
  • Sear fresh shrimp in coconut oil with herbs of choice and scallions. Serve over a bed of mixed greens and top with pear (or any fresh fruit) slices.
  • Stuff kalamata olives, roasted red pepper and feta cheese in a grilled or sauteed chicken breast. Serve over quinoa or whole wheat couscous and steamed green beans.

How long does it usually take you to prepare a healthy meal?

What are some of your favorite 'clean' recipes? Feel free to share!

Click here to sign up:
Join Our Clean Eating Challenge - WIN a $25 Gift Card!

apple

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CMcLaws
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I need to get back to clean eating. We were out of town this weekend and I just let go. Now I have to "detox" all over again.

My favorite clean lunch is sliced ham with mustard, lots of raw fruits and veggies, and a handful of almonds. So yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasCowboys81
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Not sure, new to all of this lol. I like fresh garden salads for lunch.

eevers55
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Today it's taken me all day lol
Although that's cheating to say since the slow cooker is doing it all
I sauteed onions and dumped them over chicken breasts with chopped tomatoes, a cinnamon stick, and a tablespoon of pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
That will cook all day and then I'll serve it with fresh veggies on tortillas.

Most of my recipes are this easy.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM

It takes me abotu 20-30 minutes to make a meal.  My recent favorite are warm lentil salads - lentils with some chopped spinach, onions, garlic (and sometimes throw in some ground turkey), diced apples and a quick vinaigrette made with mustard and olive oil.

batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Most dinners are less then 30 minutes for me.
My favorite is angle hair pasta tossed in extra virgin olive oil. Topped with Roma tomatoes and fresh grated Parmesan and cracked black pepper.
Grillled Chicken can be added too
batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Spinach salad with feta is another family favorite
mom2boyz8811
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Some of my favorite clean meals are simple. My eating was the cleanest right after my son was born. My favorite meals were ones where I could bake the protein in the oven so I could spend time with him: fish with lemons, chicken with diced tomatoes, pork loin and onions. Add brown rice and frozen veggies and I'm done.
momkaribg
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I'm not sure. I am new to this.
KSK0811
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Dinner takes far too long at our house especially if we've failed to plan our meals for the week. It can take over an hour between cooking, cleaning while cooking, and entertaining children. I'm new to clean eating, just taking baby steps so far, so no recipes to share. I look forward to reading the other responses!

sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Usually 20 to 30 minutes. I have to get back into planning my meals on the weekend. I love to make zucchini with shrimp over whole wheat spaghetti.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)