Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Weight Loss Journey from beginning to end......

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this

6 weeks ago, I started my weight loss program. I weighted at the beginning at 197.  2 years before that I was on a weight loss program, after a year I lost complete interest in it, as I started to wanting regular food, thus making my weight go skyrise.  This time, I found a weight loss program that I love! I do not have to have give up my foods, but making healthier choices in food wise!. I saw a couple of books at the Bookstore one day, and contemplated, and contemplated on buying them.  The first time I went in, I just looked at them, without buying.  I thought for days and days about those two books, and so went back to the bookstore and looked at the recipes again in those two books and they were so yummy, I grabbed them and bought them.  I shared with a family member those recipes and that was it!  The recipes were so yummy, and most of all, they are my favorite foods.  It was after vacation, when I returned home, I found the perfect weight loss program!   So I tried the first two weeks of it to see if I really could lose weight, I did, I lost 6 pounds in those two weeks, so I kept going.  After 6 weeks being on the program I lost a total of 14 pounds and 2 inches.       

I am now beginning my next 6 weeks.

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Great job! What program are you using?
BeachbodyMom77
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:25 PM

That is great!  Are you adding in an exercise program or just changing diet?

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Wonderful....tell us more, please.

megthompson920
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

It sounds like the Prism diet... what is it?

brieri
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

That is great!  Are you adding in an exercise program or just changing diet?

Exercise - yes.   

brieri
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Quoting megthompson920:

It sounds like the Prism diet... what is it?

Never heard of the Prism diet. 

brieri
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I will let you know when I am completely at the finish line to being at the weight of 121 the Plan/Program I am on.  However the following are points I follow.  Therefore it is sufficient to say the cycle is a 6 week period and starts all over til i lose the unwanted pounds. 

1.  Prime

2.  Challenge

3.Transformation

4.  Ascend

5.Cleanse

6. Explode

brieri
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Today is the end of Week 7 of my plan.   

Prime.  Gets me ready for the next 5 weeks.  Stepped up a notch getting up ½ hour earlier than previous 6 weeks.  I continue to eat 3 meals a day and 1 snack although the plan says I can have two snacks a day.  My energy is good in the morning since having breakfast.  I make it through Lunch.  Lunch time.  By mid-afternoon, I feel sluggish and need a pick-me-up-snack to make it through my third meal.  The night time is sometimes tough to get through and I tend to want something salty or sweet. I am working on it. 

I exercise 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes - mixing it up with walking outside and using DVD's.  On occasions, I drive to a nearby park where they have exercise machines and walk around the field.

Some of my adult life has been sendentary due to some trauma.  Some days  I feel disappointed, and keep striving the next day. 

This past week I logged in over 70,000 steps. Although I did not lose much weight as I had inticipated, it is probably because of certain foods I ate this past week.   One day this past week, I had a difficult time sleeping through the night.

Other points used throughout this diet:

• Identify healthiest elements of diets tried in the past and build them into current lifestyle for good.
  • Each morning plan ahead to add activity to daily routine.
  • Sleep longer in the evening to do more tomorrow.  
brieri
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Nov 3: End week 8:

Whew!  What a week I had.  It rained for 2 days so I was housebound. Continued with exercising and kept up with meal plans - having noticed one of the dinners I prepared several weeks ago is not one I should be eating anymore.  It makes my stomach feel heavy. May give it to the homeless. eating Another day I had a difficult time getting out of bed, because of the cracks/annoying sounds when it's cold;, simply depressing.   This past week was the Challenge:  It releases the bad habits and adopting new behaviors for the rest of my life.  Challenge is also when more weight is rolling off.  I did lose some.  Yay me! 

My sleeping pattern is between 8-10 hours and fully rested each morning when getting up.

Some afternoons I feel sleepy, will take a nap for 30 to 45  minutes.   Then exercise again.  Feel refreshed to get with the next activity. 

Two questions I ask myself everyday:

• Is the next food put into mouth a net gain or net loss.  Repeating throughout the day.
  •  How many hours can I move around being on my feet without getting tired. 
brieri
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Nov 10:  9th week -Past week was high impact week.

Transformation:  The toughest week.  Walking more than 10,000 steps over 5 miles a day, not always the easiest. Eating three meals a day,  having one snack a day. Feeling energetic. 

One point to ponder:

•  Put the healthiest foods in home on a shelf at eye level or in a bowl on the counter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)