Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Just so confused..

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm a young mom.... I have four boys, I'm 26 my oldest is 10 my youngest is 7 months.... I'm not a big person I weigh 138 I'm 5`3... I've never weighed this much before while not being pregnant I've always been into working out and eating healthy.. I found out I have  thyroid problems.. about 2 year  ago and I've been struggling to maintain my weight which has always been an issue for me. I can't find the energy or motivation to work out anymore mainly to tone up... My husband and childhood sweetheart suggest that I take birdeggs like my sister because  it made her lose weight and look good.. I think in my head I'm not overweight though my issue isn't with needing diet pills I need to find energy to workout.. it hurt for me to hear this I feel so disgusting and I feel like that voice  in the back of my head that's been telling me that I'm fat and disgusting and not good enough was right all along. I have  struggled with an eating disorder and I thought that if I kept telling myself it was all in my head that it would go away it would be ok but I feel like that nagging part of me.. that will never go away, its winning... it affects me on a daily basis just by him saying I need these diet pills has thrown me back into insecurities that I never  wanted to go back to.. it's the second time he's suggested I take them... it's the billionth time I've felt not good enough.... I'm a good wife an excellent mom but when it comes to me I'm no good and sadly need the validation from him that I'm good enough which at the moment I feel is not the case.. I need a vent ,I need a voice ,I need someone who will just listen and try to understand... that is why I'm writing I can not hold it in ,I cannot share it with my friends ,I just simply don't know what to do...:/

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this

I am so sorry that you are struggling. You ARE good enough. You ARE worth so much more than you think.

The diet pills are not the answer. Have you been to a conselor for your eating disorder? I would recommend seeing one. It is so important to be able to get help for the way you are feeling.

As far as the weight goes, all you really need is a good clean diet. Are you getting enough protein. You need the protein to maintain your energy levels. Have you tried fun classes at the gym or even local rec center for exercise. I have found that people who do not have the motivation to work out benefit greatly from the social aspect of these types of classes. Plus they are fun, so they don't 'feel' like you are workout until you start to sweat and 'feel the burn'. Zumba, Hip Hop Dance, Spin, Body Sculpting...there are so many different types of classes and Im sure there is one suited perfectly for you.

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Honey, you are good enough.  Don't ever let anyone make you feel that way.  I struggled with that most of my life.  Even as a child, I set back and let others shine because I thought they deserved it more than me.  Even within my family--as much love as we had within, I just never felt like I fit in.  My weight has yo-yoed up and down.  But 2 years ago, I decided I AM WORTHY. I AM SPECIAL. I'M DOING THIS FOR ME.  I truly hope that you won't fall back into the eating disorder and diet pills.  You can do this! You have a place to come when you need support and advice.  We are here!

karmaisab
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM

My schedule is real hectic with four boys I of course put them before anything and they have been my strength when I feel like I am not enough ....they love me for me not my issues.... I never went to counseling I always denied I had a problem after my second boy was born I got down to 93 pounds and it was my breaking point to where I said I just don't want to live like this anymore.... it was fairly easy to deal with to just stop... but little things my hubby say make me feel like it would be easiest to go back to it till I loose weight but honestly I know I wouldn't no matter how bad I feel because my boys need me more than I need to feel skinny... he doesn't say thing s to intentionally make me feel this way but it hits hard sometimes and makes me think that he isn't happy with me either... thank u for your reply I don't usually write on here I just knew that I needed to get it out...

BeachbodyMom77
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

You are an amzing woman to take care of 4 kids!  If you can do that, then you can do anything!  You just need a bump to get going!  Once you start, you will be unstoppable!  You just need to take a step back and think about your personal goals - what is your dream for yourself?  Then we can find what fits into your life to help you acheive that!  I did this 2 years ago and it has been an amazing journey!  As a mom, I found programs through Beachbody that really fit my lifestyle.  I am all in now!  I would love to tell you more and support you along the way! :)

Quoting karmaisab:

My schedule is real hectic with four boys I of course put them before anything and they have been my strength when I feel like I am not enough ....they love me for me not my issues.... I never went to counseling I always denied I had a problem after my second boy was born I got down to 93 pounds and it was my breaking point to where I said I just don't want to live like this anymore.... it was fairly easy to deal with to just stop... but little things my hubby say make me feel like it would be easiest to go back to it till I loose weight but honestly I know I wouldn't no matter how bad I feel because my boys need me more than I need to feel skinny... he doesn't say thing s to intentionally make me feel this way but it hits hard sometimes and makes me think that he isn't happy with me either... thank u for your reply I don't usually write on here I just knew that I needed to get it out...

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I am so sorry that you are struggling. You ARE good enough. You ARE worth so much more than you think.

The diet pills are not the answer. Have you been to a conselor for your eating disorder? I would recommend seeing one. It is so important to be able to get help for the way you are feeling.

As far as the weight goes, all you really need is a good clean diet. Are you getting enough protein. You need the protein to maintain your energy levels. Have you tried fun classes at the gym or even local rec center for exercise. I have found that people who do not have the motivation to work out benefit greatly from the social aspect of these types of classes. Plus they are fun, so they don't 'feel' like you are workout until you start to sweat and 'feel the burn'. Zumba, Hip Hop Dance, Spin, Body Sculpting...there are so many different types of classes and Im sure there is one suited perfectly for you.

THIS

alice_by_tinkacherri-1.gif alicesiggy picture by charlotsomtimes

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Cafe Michelle has the right advice here.  BIG HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN