Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Clean Eating Challenge Day 3: Eat Slower

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 41 Replies

Welcome to Day 3 of the Clean Eating Challenge!

Eat Slower!

It sounds so simple. With fewer and fresher ingredients in your food, take the time to really enjoy what you are eating.
Savor the flavor. Put your utensils down between bites and focus on the textures and flavors of your food. You took the time to prepare your healthy and clean meal, why not take the time to enjoy it.

Here are a few tips for slowing down your meals:

• Make meal time a social event: Sit down as a family and talk about your plans, your day or anything else you want.
  • Make sure you eat every 3-4 hours so you don't feel famished at meal times causing quick eating.
  • Use a watch or kitchen timer to time your meals
  • For a fun way to slow down your meals, use chopsticks instead of a fork with every meal.

Are you a fast eater?

On average how long does it take you to eat a meal?

What are some of your tips for slowing down meals?

Click here to sign up:
Join Our Clean Eating Challenge - WIN a $25 Gift Card!

apple

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Some days we are on the fly and I have no choice but to eat fast, usually every Tuesday and Thursday because those are soccer practice evenings. I try to take my time at lunch though, and relax and enjoy my meal, usually outside, while soaking in some vitamin D.

Hadadat
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I'm sadly a fast eater from my days as a single mom. I knew if I wanted to eat, I had to do it quickly or risk my son being done and ready to go before I could taste my food. My husband has noticed my speedy eating and has encouraged me to slow down. He even challenged me to take a bite when he did, matching my eating speed to his. I'm still working on it.

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM
I am usually terrible at eating slow. I have 2 little one so I am usually racing to eat!
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I'm a fast eater.  I'm usually distracted and not paying attention to how quickly I'm eating, and that's something I'd like to change.

KITTYCAT1
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I'm a fast eater...I have 4 kids, lol I'm constantly getting up to get something for someone or rushing my meals to get something else done. My breakfast is always a green smoothie because I'm running around getting everyone ready and off to school. At least it's a fast healthy meal, lol. 

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I have a tendency to be a slow eater, but on those harried days I have no choice but to be a fast eater. I usually have a conversation while I'm eating and catching up with the family so I think it helps slow it down.

KatieD82
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I'm only a fast eater when I have to be. We always talk at the table about how the day was for everyone. Our kids are usually fast eaters so we started a dinner rule that no one can leave the table until everyone is done eating.

sexydiva4279
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I eat fast. I have to slow down. If I sit at the table with my family it takes about a half hour for me to eat.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:59 PM

This is big for me I am alawys in a hurry to eat or do anything reall.  I need to slow way down!!

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I would guess 5-10 min at most.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)