Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Arrrgh so frustrated with myself!!!

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 5 Replies

So after a STELLAR spring I was down to my lowest since last Oct (when we moved and I fell off the wagon) down to 176.  Well I decided to stop counting calories since I had been doing it religiously for over 5 months.  Weight loss stalled through July-Sept.  No biggie.  i had lost a lot in June (12lbs) so I expected it to take a little time.  Problem was life started to get hectic in Sept, so I was only running 2-3 days a week, and I've been struggling all along to get myself  on a regular strength training routine.  I started with kettle bell videos on youtube for a few weeks, and found them lots of fun.  

End of Sept/beginnign of Oct things became super hectic, plus my hayfever has been kicking my butt!  I try to make it to spin class 1-2 days a week, and aqua zumba once a week, but other than my classes I have only been running once a week, (2-3 miles at a time) and still no strength training regularly!! I'm SO mad at myself and I'm sick of making these excuses!! On top of that we have been traveling every weekend (End of sept we went to my dad's house = 2 hrs away, 1st week of oct my dad's gf's house 2.5 hrs away, 2nd week in Oct we went on vacation to Memphis for 4 days = 12 hrs away, last weekend went to DH's family 3 hrs away, and this weekend we go to my dad's place 2 hrs away again).  So that has meant too much "car food" and in "vacation mentality" DH has talked me into way to much junk.  During the week I eat very clean but I know I'm blowing it every weekend.  

I KNOW I need to go back to counting caloires.  I KNOW I need to throw out the junk that DH keeps buying (he works for WM and buys way too many treats!!) I KNOW I shouldn't be on CM right now, I should either be sleeping or doing my kettle bell routine (it was Aqua Zumba night) but I feel so unbelievably drained by Monday morning that it literaly takes me until Thursday to feel like I have enough energy again!! I know part of that is our hectic schedule, part of it is NOT working out and that I will feel better if I get up and move (although tonight after ZUmba all I wanted to do was sleep), and I know part of it is that my diet is lacking and I'm feeling hte ill effects.

I KNOW ALL OF THIS!! I KNOW I JUST NEED TO DO IT!!  

Not sure hte point of this post.  I'm not very motivated right now!  I need this group.  I need to click on it every day and read other peoples progress, I need to face the uncomfortable truths that I know my goals are attainable and I can't just give up on this plateau (I'm actually back up 5 lbs :( )  

I heard a great analogy the other day that big changes like this are like a man riding an elephant.  Your brain is the rider.  He knows how to get where you want to go.  He knows the path and can show the elephant the way.  Your body is the elephant.  It's not easy for the tiny man to control the direction the elephant wants to go.  It needs to make it easy and make the elephant want to go in that direction.  But the elephant is easily spooked and once it goes off with all of it's strength in a different direction it takes a very skiled rider to reign it back in and bring it back on to the path.  Time to get my elephant body back on the path!  I'm hoping this pounding headache is gone by morning.  Alarm is set for 5;30 so I can do those kettle bells!  

Good night world! 

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:48 AM

http://sourcesofinsight.com/the-elephant-and-the-rider/

The elephant and the rider, explained a little better!! 

srehman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey ! I know exactly where u r coming from. I had a baby and due to gym policy I haven't gone. Now he's old enough. So, I went last night and tonight. Plus this morning I walked 4.24 miles with a friend to get her motivated and moving :))) I like walking with her it gives me someone to talk with while "working out" but for me walking doesn't always do much. Today it did :)) but usually not. Anyway, it's hard to get into the groove when you've been out of it for so long. But when you see results and do it for a long time you will be addicted. I am so glad I went back to the gym and my brain is getting back to its happy place again. It's what I needed. /))) it's just a phase and it will pass. You must MUST push yourself through it. So 15 minutes of something if you don't want a hard workout. Muon can achieve this and you will /)!))
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Oh I know what you mean!  That push is hard to find some days but you just have to do it!! And too many bad days in a row makes that push harder and harder to find!! 

I did NOT want to go to Aqua Zumba tonight, but I was able to find a little push to do that so I know that's better than nothing! (It is pretty low impact but I feel I pushed myself pretty hard tonight!).  won't make spin class this week (It's mon wed and Fri ams, I missed Monday because I was sick with a migraine/sinus infection combo, and DH works overnights and isn't home until after I go to work the rest of this week).  

Another thing I find hard to juggle is my time!! DH works overnights, and I work days.  We only have about 2 hrs home together a night, so it's so hard to leave him to go workout because we never see eachother, but if I don't go while he is home I can't get it done unless I take DD.  It's too cold to run with her outside (it already has dropped to below 40 by the time we get home, and when we get up in the morning).  I just need to suck it up and do the treadmill and kettle bells.  

Quoting srehman:

Hey ! I know exactly where u r coming from. I had a baby and due to gym policy I haven't gone. Now he's old enough. So, I went last night and tonight. Plus this morning I walked 4.24 miles with a friend to get her motivated and moving :))) I like walking with her it gives me someone to talk with while "working out" but for me walking doesn't always do much. Today it did :)) but usually not. Anyway, it's hard to get into the groove when you've been out of it for so long. But when you see results and do it for a long time you will be addicted. I am so glad I went back to the gym and my brain is getting back to its happy place again. It's what I needed. /))) it's just a phase and it will pass. You must MUST push yourself through it. So 15 minutes of something if you don't want a hard workout. Muon can achieve this and you will /)!))

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama..we've all been there!  You can do this!

srehman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I understand completely about the time with your husband. It is important. But te way I look at it is like this if I don't workout today, and at least three other days what will happen to me? Will I live another year, will I make my weekly goal? What is more important. That 15 minute of moving somehow or that two hour time on the couch or dinner. Of course it stinks to schedule every minute of every day. But your health is so important. Talk to him and ask him what he thinks. I used to go (and still do some nights) at night after my husband came home from work and would see him for about 1 hour at night. But it's what had to be done. I needed to get healthy. That was the schedule we could work out at that time. I like working out at night though bc from 420-800 I didn't eat so my last meal was around 4/430 and then a small snack after my workout. Anyway, talk to him and say I need this do u mind blah blah. You can do this!

Quoting audmom1218:

Oh I know what you mean!  That push is hard to find some days but you just have to do it!! And too many bad days in a row makes that push harder and harder to find!! 

I did NOT want to go to Aqua Zumba tonight, but I was able to find a little push to do that so I know that's better than nothing! (It is pretty low impact but I feel I pushed myself pretty hard tonight!).  won't make spin class this week (It's mon wed and Fri ams, I missed Monday because I was sick with a migraine/sinus infection combo, and DH works overnights and isn't home until after I go to work the rest of this week).  

Another thing I find hard to juggle is my time!! DH works overnights, and I work days.  We only have about 2 hrs home together a night, so it's so hard to leave him to go workout because we never see eachother, but if I don't go while he is home I can't get it done unless I take DD.  It's too cold to run with her outside (it already has dropped to below 40 by the time we get home, and when we get up in the morning).  I just need to suck it up and do the treadmill and kettle bells.  

Quoting srehman:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN