Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Clean Eating Challenge Day 4: Eat on a Regular Schedule

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to Day 4 of the Clean Eating Challenge!

Eat on a Regular Schedule

Just as important as what and how much you eat, is WHEN you eat. Try not to let more than 4 hours go by between meals and/or snacks. Steady meal timing helps regulate your digestive system , blood sugar and insulin levels, as well as appetite.
Eat between five to six small meals per day. By eating smaller portions of food more often you will feel less hungry between meals and not deprived. By eating only 2-3 large meals a day, your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to calories. Eating every three to four hours will keep your body from storing calories as fat. Instead, small and frequent meals provide your body with a steady supply of energy throughout the day.

How long you do go between meals?

How many meals are you eating a day?

Are you willing to challenge yourself to eating every 3-4 hours every day?

Click here to sign up:
Join Our Clean Eating Challenge - WIN a $25 Gift Card!

apple

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
craftybookworm
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I try not to go too long between meals maybe a few hours.  I generally eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I also listen to my body.  If it's saying I'm hungry then I usually will reach for something healthy low cal (veggies are great for this)

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Hmmm my meals are pretty regular during the week, but weekends may vary. If I'm working out I will have a banana with pb around 5am, then either an oatmeal bar or hard boiled egg around 7:30. (If I'm being bad I will get a small order of biscuits and gravy at work! That HAS to stop though!!) then lunch is at noon. (It's hard to snack in the an but if I have time and think of if I will eat a handful of almonds at 10). Snack (usually almonds or trail mix) at my desk during documentation time (around 2:30/3:00) and supper at 5:30. I sometimes will have another snack before bed (I try to make it veggies, but sometimes fruit).
Hadadat
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I eat 6 meals a day and I eat about every 3 hours. I go by what my body needs rather than scheduling it and over time it's fallen into its own pattern. I get hungry every 3 hours or so and then I'll feed it.

Aidensmommy531
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I try to eat about every three hours. I bring snacks that are easy to eat from my desk at work and only bring enough to eat every three hours so u don't over eat. On the weekends it is a little harder to keep it up when I Get busy but I try
sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I eat about every 6 hours. I eat three meals a day. I drink water, hot tea with splenda and diet iced tea in between. When I eat every 3 to 4 I gain waight. I don't snack. I know this sounds bad but it's what works for my body to lose weight.
othermom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I snack to often. I am working on it though. I eat 3 meals a day and snack off and on

Kimmie002700
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I eat 5-6 mini meals a day - typically every 3 hours or so. So that's not an issue. :)
eevers55
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM

We always have 3 meals a day and snacks between. I don't tihnk I've had supper after 7 since my daughter was born (except the times we were on vacation and had to compromise with my brother's fam who eats at like 8 every night)

lovebugs_mom906
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I typically eat 3 meals a day, with a couple snacks thrown in there. Breakfast is around 8:30 (usually don't have time until after I drop daughter off at school), lunch is around 11:30-12, dinner around 5:30-6. I don't usually snack in the morning since my meals are so close together. 

MelanieMans
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
We just eat whenever we are hungry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)