Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

are you effing kidding me

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
I've been working more than normal(originally went from full time student to 30 hr work just graduated to 37 lol) and when I take off my shoes the arch of my foot hurts when I walk.it even causes a limp sometimes.so Google queen over here googled it and my symptoms are all pointing to plantar fasciitis. Are you KIDDING.I hear about it in runners.I haven't run in a while but I'm on my feet all day standing or walking and it said standing for long periods can cause it.please someone tell me it's unlikely and that they're just swollen and that's why my arches hurt. Ughhhh. I'm waiting to hear about getting medical insurance..I have none right now.
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
May-mom
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate Google, because I do that too... Google it then am super freaking paranoid!!! Hopefully it turns out to be nothing for you!
youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Thank you.I also had myself convinced I had breast cancer because I was leaking milk after being done nursing for a year and I want having sex so I wasn't pregnant lol

Quoting May-mom:

I hate Google, because I do that too... Google it then am super freaking paranoid!!! Hopefully it turns out to be nothing for you!

lovebugs_mom906
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Plantar fasciitis is most commonly felt in the heel, so you may not have it. I had bad pain in my arches years ago, and the doctor told me it was because I had high arches and was wearing shoes without good support (mostly flip flops). Changed my shoes, and it got better :-) Have you noticed it more with certain pairs of shoes? If it is plantar fasciitis, there are some stretches you can do to help, along with motrin and rest when you can, hopefully it starts to feel better soon!
youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Yeah but it's been with multiple shoes.not with my flip flops or sandals more with my two pairs of tennis shoes one had dr scholl soles in them

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

Plantar fasciitis is most commonly felt in the heel, so you may not have it. I had bad pain in my arches years ago, and the doctor told me it was because I had high arches and was wearing shoes without good support (mostly flip flops). Changed my shoes, and it got better :-) Have you noticed it more with certain pairs of shoes? If it is plantar fasciitis, there are some stretches you can do to help, along with motrin and rest when you can, hopefully it starts to feel better soon!

May-mom
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Most recently I convinced myself that I had a prolapsed uterus, whatever it was resolved itself so I really don't know, but I swear its always something!! Lol at least we aren't alone in being paranoid googlers, right? :P

Quoting youllneverknow:

Thank you.I also had myself convinced I had breast cancer because I was leaking milk after being done nursing for a year and I want having sex so I wasn't pregnant lol

Quoting May-mom:

Melissa...
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I had PF from running, and it was in my arch. Took forever to get better, but I rested it, iced it, and stretched it. Couldn't hurt to do those things just in case that's what it is.

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
You and me hun, were together in this lol

Quoting May-mom:

Most recently I convinced myself that I had a prolapsed uterus, whatever it was resolved itself so I really don't know, but I swear its always something!! Lol at least we aren't alone in being paranoid googlers, right? :P

Quoting youllneverknow:

Quoting May-mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)