Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Its been a week Im frustrated- Little long ladies sorry *edit*

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM
  • 20 Replies

Well in a couple days..  So that's five days.  I started my one mile walking with pushing my mom in her wheelchair.  I did two days of that was SO sore upper and calf buttocks.  I took the third day off stretching.  Fourth day walked the mile my self.  Fourth day DS had football all day plus we went into Austin to Sams club.  Today was to walk with pushing her again.  Its thunder and lightening out with rain :(  I am feeling so mad!!!!!  To top it off its my moms birthday and I told her last week DS and I would take her to Chilis for her dinner.  What do you eat at Chilis?   I don't want to go now that I have been doing good this week.  I am uncomfortable eatting in public anyway. I carry my obesity in my abdomen.  I look pregnany and fat not just fat fat.  What do I do.  I want to ask her if we can just get take out and eat at the house but I think it will take from her enjoyment of the moment. Its early she still asleep so I am going thru this in my head trying to work out a solution.

Yesterday was a bad food day with some eatting last night.  I got up being really hungry about 5 times.  I know I had about 6 prunes and dried apricots and a mango. 

Its my first official week.  I feel like a failure today.  I know I am punishing myself for yesterday and feeling stressed about today. 

Is walking only the first week only 3 times a fail? 

Edit  

I have noticed in my lower leg a decrease in swelling on my ankles.  yesterday below my knee caps also the swelling is down and you can see a "dip" looks a little weird but think that swelling is going down also.  that is an exciting thing to see.

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Chili's has a low fat menu.
I don't exercise much. Still lost 22lbs since June.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

You lose weight in the kitchen and get fit in the gym.

Eating out is a part of life.  Every restaurant out there has options that can fit into anyone's diet--you just have to take the time and do the research.  Keep in mind that portions are HUGE!  Plan to ask for a to-go box right away and put some of the food into it (out of sight, out of mind.)  Do not take food off of others plates.  Start with salad and or soup.  Eat slowly.  Stop when staisfied.

Why would walking 3 times be a failure??  Sure, if you are used to doing it 5 days a week and you only did 3, you didn't meet your "average."  However, you need to allow for flexibility with diet & exercise.  You cannot beat yourself up when you do not meet your expectations for a week.  You need to do the best you can with what you are given.

How are you going about the diet?  Are you counting calories?  Are you "winging it?""

If you are waking up hungry, maybe you need to adjust your eating so that you can have more food later?  I always have something before bed (typically a bowl of cereal or kashi/greek yogurt or steel cut oats.)  When I don't eat something substantial, I end up starving.

chattymom3
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM
YAY! Congrats on your weight loss that is so exciting :) Has your loss been with help of food modification and portion control? What type of exercise and how often do you do this?
Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Yes, serious food modification and portion control. It is a lifestyle change forever, not a diet.
I get on the treadmill a few times a month. Know I need to do more exercise as well as hand weights.
I need to be in a decent bathing suit body by Feb. Spending 2 months in Florida. So in 3 1/2 months I would like to be at least 15 to 18lbs lighter.

Quoting chattymom3:

YAY! Congrats on your weight loss that is so exciting :) Has your loss been with help of food modification and portion control? What type of exercise and how often do you do this?

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM

No, it is not a fail.  Take pride in your accomplishments, no matter how great or small.  Movement is movement.  And as far as going to Chili's.  Use this as an exercise to make good healthy food choices.  You can't stop living!  Come on now.  You can do this! hugs. :)

chattymom3
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM

The food part is little overwhelming right now.  I don't want to eat anything but know that is not the answer.  so i have been winging it.  I have the fitness pal on my phone so will be using that as a "guide" as to the intake. Make sense in my head. Does it?  I have added spinach and kale to my diet.  I don't have fried foods.  Trying to stay from carbs ie breads, pastas, and potatoes.  I've increased my water intake to four 32oz bottles a day.  I was only drinking 1-2.  these are some of the changes i have made.

This is my first week.  Looking at it all I know i have done better than what I did last week so no its not a fail.  Thanks for having me think about that for a minute.  I will just pick up the walking tonight or tomorrow the weather looks like it is going to change a  bit. 

Quoting CLEKate:

You lose weight in the kitchen and get fit in the gym.

Eating out is a part of life.  Every restaurant out there has options that can fit into anyone's diet--you just have to take the time and do the research.  Keep in mind that portions are HUGE!  Plan to ask for a to-go box right away and put some of the food into it (out of sight, out of mind.)  Do not take food off of others plates.  Start with salad and or soup.  Eat slowly.  Stop when staisfied.

Why would walking 3 times be a failure??  Sure, if you are used to doing it 5 days a week and you only did 3, you didn't meet your "average."  However, you need to allow for flexibility with diet & exercise.  You cannot beat yourself up when you do not meet your expectations for a week.  You need to do the best you can with what you are given.

How are you going about the diet?  Are you counting calories?  Are you "winging it?""

If you are waking up hungry, maybe you need to adjust your eating so that you can have more food later?  I always have something before bed (typically a bowl of cereal or kashi/greek yogurt or steel cut oats.)  When I don't eat something substantial, I end up starving.

chattymom3
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Another reply stated that Chilis has a low cal selection. I will be using this. Yay that's a plus. I do feel good about this accomplishment now that I really am thinking about it compared with last week and the ones before. Thanks to the replies this had me look at that. Thank you! The encouragement and replies here really are inspiring. That helps :)
Quoting mjgm1966:

No, it is not a fail.  Take pride in your accomplishments, no matter how great or small.  Movement is movement.  And as far as going to Chili's.  Use this as an exercise to make good healthy food choices.  You can't stop living!  Come on now.  You can do this! hugs. :)

chattymom3
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I have a want to be at least 15 lbs lighter by February also.  My DS2 graduates from the Army boot camp then.  I have not been this big ever!  I dont want to shock him and also feel embarrassed.  I used to be pretty active.  This past year has been very stressful and I put on 70lbs.  I would love to loose all of that. It comes on so much quicker than it goes off.  I wish there was a rhyme to reason for that. 

Quoting atlmom2:

Yes, serious food modification and portion control. It is a lifestyle change forever, not a diet.
I get on the treadmill a few times a month. Know I need to do more exercise as well as hand weights.
I need to be in a decent bathing suit body by Feb. Spending 2 months in Florida. So in 3 1/2 months I would like to be at least 15 to 18lbs lighter.

Quoting chattymom3:

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I want a total of 70 off also. That puts me in a healthy range. I would like to be at my goal by July but won't be upset if it takes me till Sept or so. I am over 50 so it comes off slower.

Quoting chattymom3:

I have a want to be at least 15 lbs lighter by February also.  My DS2 graduates from the Army boot camp then.  I have not been this big ever!  I dont want to shock him and also feel embarrassed.  I used to be pretty active.  This past year has been very stressful and I put on 70lbs.  I would love to loose all of that. It comes on so much quicker than it goes off.  I wish there was a rhyme to reason for that. 

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting chattymom3:

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chattymom3
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I'm 38. I am noticing it is harder than the past. I struggles when I had ds3 at 28 to get the pp weight off. I was I think 230. that at the time was the biggest I had ever been. Now 260 holy cow!
Quoting atlmom2:

I want a total of 70 off also. That puts me in a healthy range. I would like to be at my goal by July but won't be upset if it takes me till Sept or so. I am over 50 so it comes off slower.

Quoting chattymom3:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting chattymom3:

Quoting atlmom2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN