Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

November fitness challenge - UPDATE! anyone with me??

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 17 Replies
I just had my second daughter on the 19th and I'd like to start getting my ass in gear health & fitness-wise! I was 268 when I became pregnant and ended at 305. I weighed myself yesterday (one week after delivery) and I'm at 280 right now.

My diet is pretty clean as it is, just working on lowering the carb intake - mainly pasta being my enemy. Beginning November 1, I'm going to do a 30-Day Ab & Squat challenge. Anyone want to join? I can always use an accountability-buddy!

Day 1, Nov 1:

I just did first day of ab challenge: supposed to be 15 sit-ups; 5 crunches; 5 leg raises; 10s plank. I did all, except I was only able to do 3 sit ups. I need to get a thick yoga mat - my hard wood floor REALLY hurts my tailbone! Anyone have a recommendation? Going to do my squats this afternoon. Will update again after!
Did my squats! I broke the 50 up into two sets of 25. How'd you ladies do?

Day 4:

I had to stop this challenge. After first two days my postpartum bleeding became pretty heavy and I was in a good deal of pain. I'm really bad at resting. I'm going to try again in a couple of weeks.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomAmy77
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Im all for a ab challenge . Count me in 

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Awesome! I'll update starting Friday when I begin!

Quoting MomAmy77:

Im all for a ab challenge . Count me in 

BeachbodyMom77
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

You really need to be careful not to do that too soon.  It is recommended to wait 6 weeks to start an exercise program after giving birth!

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I plan on taking it slow. My midwife said to resume normal activity as tolerated. Will definitely listen to my body!

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

You really need to be careful not to do that too soon.  It is recommended to wait 6 weeks to start an exercise program after giving birth!

HelloKitty86
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Yup I'll do both! It's nice to have a partner.  You should friend me on FB if you have an account.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Great idea!  I'm with you!

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Awesome!
kidslovemom
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I'd like to try but have been having some muscle pain this past two weeks in my lower back, so I will take it slow like I just had a baby too!  (ha, ha, mine are 12 and 13!). Will you be posting something each day?

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Yes! I will begin updating daily beginning this friday!

Quoting kidslovemom:

I'd like to try but have been having some muscle pain this past two weeks in my lower back, so I will take it slow like I just had a baby too!  (ha, ha, mine are 12 and 13!). Will you be posting something each day?

divaofthree
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I'm in also. Those are my problem areas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)