Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Need help with eating clean...

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 3 Replies

So I get the jist of clean eating. My problem is Im not very creative when it comes to putting meals together. So Im looking for somewhat simple meals. I do not like oatmeal or any fish (except tuna lol)

Any help is appreciated.

I have been fighting this losing/gaining battle for far too long. It's time for me to get serious and stick with it. Not only to make myself feel better but to be healthy and to be a role model for my family as well.

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Eat chicken breasts and turkey. Also ground turkey and chicken instead of beef. Eat fresh fruits and veggies. I eat egg white omeletes too with veggies. Whole wheat pasta and breads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Any kind of meat...turkey, beef, chicken, pork chops...some people say not to eat beef, but I do:)  Veggies and fruits....eat what you like!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM
3 moms liked this

roast chicken, baked sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli

roast chicken, baked sweet potatoes, homemade coleslaw w/homemade dressing

roast chicken, steamed broccoli & carrots mix

fajita salad

grilled steak kabobs with steak, whole onions, cherry tomatoes, colored bell peppers

grilled chicken kabobs (same as above, maybe add pineapple chunks)

side dish of fruit salad (mix of your choice of fruits, walnuts or pecans, mixed in real whipped cream that you make yourself....no sweetener needed)

tuna/tomato/avocado salad - 1 can tuna, 1 large diced tomato, 1 peeled & diced avocado.  Mix and serve as is or on salad greens, with your choice of dressing (I like homemade Italian)  This is a complete meal for one or two people and is very filling.

Frittatas:  baked omelets with meat (or not) and loaded with veggies.  Mushroom/spinach/tomato is a tasty mix!  I serve them as a main dish at dinner or breakfast.

Need more ideas?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)